• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Hotone ROTO Rotary Speaker Simulator Pedal (???)

stephenT

$89 Clams, how could it be any good? The youtube videos sound decent, for what I need, a decent impression of a leslie sound for occasional use on a couple songs a night, I'm wondering if it'd work.

Anyone use one of these units? General impressions?

Dandolin

I have one and I enjoy it, but in my experience it doesn't sound like a leslie, not the dual horn/rotor models (122/145); not the single rotor Varitone. What it does sound like is a good univibe, with a little bit more flexibility than a bone stock build due to the color control. I like it, and particularly the vibrato mode, which I usually don't get on with in a univibe.

YMMV, if you are satisfied with vibe tones in a band mix for parts that call for a leslie, it could do well for you....

stephenT

I have a Bigfoot FX Magnavibe currently, supposed to do the magnatone vibrato, sort of. And does a poor job of a fake leslie sound although it's in a distant neighborhood. Nice pedal, not cheap but I'm looking for a single space pedal closer to a leslie.

Last edited:

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
That doesn't sound like a rotary at all... but I bet it could pass for a uni-vibe in a live situation.