Hotone Soul Press Noise?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by joe2517, May 4, 2016.

1. joe2517

joe2517 Member

Hey guys,

Just received my Hotone Soul Press; really happy with the volume and expression functions but the wah seems to create an loud humming noise when it's engaged. Any other owners have this problem? I want to know if I need a replacement.

Cheers

2. FriedBrice

FriedBrice Member

Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue. Took me a while to determine where the noise was coming from, but have narrowed it down to the Soul Press.

3. xcc

xcc Member

Sounds like a bad unit. I have two of them, neither with noise issues.

4. paulbearer

paulbearer Member

One of my boards is all (10) hotone, mooer, donner minis. I daisy chain them straight to a 9v.
    If I use anything but a one-spot adapter, I get noise. One-spot (no power brick, just the wart/cable) = no noise. Also the soul press crackled a bit when I got it from emp or GC used.
    Shot some lube in there and it resolved. Not sure if I like the Soul Press or the Japanese Girl better. Kept my AMT WH-1 to toggle between.