• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How Accurate is M13's Tuner?

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Both through the front end and the effects loop. Any particular one that's more accurate than the other? What about in general?

Note: I'm not asking what is a good tuner. I'm asking how accurate is this one. So yes, I know the Turbo Tuner and Pitchblack tuner are great tuners. :)

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
In my view, it's more than close enough for rock 'n' roll. Sorry for the lack of precision but I'll be honest, I'm just not someone who obsesses over his tuning being precise to a quarter cent per string.

StompBoxBlues

I also find it pretty good. I see no specs on it, but I could
check it against my Strobostomp tonight and see... Personally, I really like the way it "acts" the way you tune, it's not "jiggly" and jumpy like some tuners (don't know if that means less sensitive) but when I tune I hear my guitar is in tune so...

When playing open chords and barre chords is where I would have noticed if it was off...

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
I also find it pretty good. I see no specs on it, but I could
check it against my Strobostomp tonight and see... Personally, I really like the way it "acts" the way you tune, it's not "jiggly" and jumpy like some tuners (don't know if that means less sensitive) but when I tune I hear my guitar is in tune so...
I agree. This was one of the set backs I had for strobe tuners as I would usually have no idea what is going on. But this tuner seemed very straight forward and relatively accurate. But I also thought the same about my TU-2 and lately, I'm finding it to be inaccurate.

StompBoxBlues

I agree. This was one of the set backs I had for strobe tuners as I would usually have no idea what is going on. But this tuner seemed very straight forward and relatively accurate. But I also thought the same about my TU-2 and lately, I'm finding it to be inaccurate.
I think the "strobe" tuners get US "jumpy" when we want to be calm and tuning :) somtimes. I'm used to my strobostomp (and just ordered some Turbo tuners) and it isn't a problem...the wheels turn, when fast I am further out of tune, slow them down, get them still....the smaller (further right on a SS) "marks" are less sensitive so you first look at the furthers out and get is slowed (the others will slow some also) then the next in, etc. til you get to the inner one...it is accurate enought that very slight direction still sounds VERY in tune to me...BUT

I found out years ago there are "tricks" to tuning with any tuner really, but that are even more important when the tuner is very accurate...
that is, ANY time you hit a string and let it "ring out" it sharps after a while..as it decays...this is just physics, and if I were playing a lot of tones that just ring out...would split the diff, but since I am playing quicker than that I tend to constantly (trying to keep about the same intensity on striking the string) pling-pling-pling about one time per second as I tune to avoid the sharping as it rings out. I find this helps a lot.

shaneygoo

this is probably completely unrelated but something i noticed recently... is that the line6 flextone amp's tuner is not extremely accurate, however if i use the software editor it's way, way more precise... strange they didn't program the interface on the pedalboard to be just as accurate...

so anyway, if it's not accurate enough on the hardware, try the software editor, i'm assuming the m13 works with the software, that'd be really stupid if it didn't...

Trending Topics