1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

How are Diaz amps like?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lightningsmith, Feb 17, 2009.

1. lightningsmith

lightningsmith Member

Particularly the CD series. I might be wrong but is it based on the mods Cesar Diaz performed on SRV's Fender amps? The bass strings stay clean but treble strings are overdriven mod.

In any case, how are they? Anything that stands out from the others?

2. tuubes

tuubes Member

I built them back in 2004 and 5. KILLER amps w/BOOST on, almost reminds me of Dumble. My first build was played by Warren Haynes on the Conan O`brien show May 2005. The guy who actually OWNED it, was blown away, said the new ones sounded just like the old ones. They SHOULD, we built them JUST like the old ones, same parts, same attention to detail. A REAL treat was building Warren Haynes (2) WH SPECIALS! MY LORD crack the sky w/tone and volume!! RIP Cesar, the world was a better place because of you!

peace, Jim@omegaamps

3. alldonekid

alldonekid Member

What mods does Warren have done to them. I am also wondering because he is mostly a humbucker player. Thanks!
    Very cool story and experience! Was the other player Jimmy Vivino from Conan's Band?

4. lightningsmith

lightningsmith Member

+1. I'm curious too.

Interesting that these amps are not brought up often around here, considering SRV has one of the most sought after tones and Diaz was his #1 amp tech and modder.