1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How are people liking the newest batch of "E's"?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dog Boy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

I've got a chance to pick one up dirt cheap.

Opinions?

Thanks

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I've got one of the black ($199) ones, first one I've owned so I can't speak to how they might differ. Nice clean boost, useful overdrive, on the smooth side (not quite as smooth as a Mosferatu or Ethos). Not sure if it'll stay on one of my boards but definitely a flavor worth exploring...

3. pear gage

pear gage Member

kinda speedy, not pure E.

last batch was a lot cleaner

4. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

I have one of the current ones as well. I like it pretty well so far. I know I like it better than the white E I owned a while back, at least with my current amp.

5. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I don't own one (I own a couple of the "handwired" ones). But I played through one the other day; felt like home. It did seem to have more gain, which could be a good thing. But I didn't AB to mine.

All I know is that it sounded like an Eternity. :cool:

6. m@2

m@2 Member

does the Kanji fit in to this "newest bacth of E's" category? if so.. i'm relly loving it.

7. e-z

e-z Member

excellent.

8. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Was this supposed to be funny? :huh

9. Thor

Thor Member

Actually it is pretty funny - a drug reference as MDMA (ecstasy or "E") is often cut with speed.

OK, back to the thread.

I have a Roadhouse that I love. Have not checked out any models since then.

Cheers,

Edward

10. GTRICH

GTRICH Member

I have a Silver one with black lettering that I bought a few months ago at Truetone Music. It's street price was like $279. Is this a handwired one? Does anyone know??