How are people powering their smaller boards?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tangleweird, May 8, 2016.

1. tangleweird

tangleweird Member

I was using a 1-spot, but it makes my Line 6 DL4 emit this incredibly obnoxious high pitched digital whine.

Overall I need to power 3-5 pedals.

2. Enusire

Enusire Member

[​IMG]

Cioks DC5 Link screwed to the PT Nano+. It is deathly quiet.

Chandyland likes this.
  3. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

Volto. Quiet DC power. Seems to hold a charge for a long time.

Twangmeister and goodhonk like this.
  4. mrpinter

mrpinter Supporting Member

5. Enusire

Enusire Member

I recommend you to check out these Cioks and Pedaltrain products - they are really flat and also high-quality products.

Pedaltrain Volto - a rechargeable battery-power supply
    Cioks Adam Link - 4 Outputs
    Cioks DC5 Link - 5 Outputs

I heared from people that the Adam can be more noisier then the DC5 because the outputs on the DC5 are better isolated (or something like that).

So maybe it would be better to choose the DC5 over the Adam even if you donĀ“t need all the power from the DC5.

6. Imperial_Tone

Imperial_Tone All things with a Maple Cap

GigRig Generator is another great option for smaller and larger boards. The Cioks DC5 and Adam Link are both solid products as well.

Enusire likes this.
  7. Enusire

Enusire Member

kind of weird quoting yourself :D but I just searched it for you:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...-pedaltrain-nano.1645910/page-2#post-21034465

Post #21

8. eSS eSS

eSS eSS Member

ISO 5?

c00lkatz likes this.
  9. jrockbridge

jrockbridge Member

I have a large collection of stomps and multiple boards. I use combinations of various Voodoo Labs PP units, Visual Sound 1-Spot units and some of the proprietary wall warts included with certain pedals. I've found that some stomps are so picky about power that only the wall wart made for them seems to quiet the white noise. Others will run off a 1-Spot just fine. You can't always go by the manufacturer specs. As an example, the Zoom MultiStomp pedals seem to work just fine with power supplies rated lower than the stated specs. I use trial and error to discover what works and resort to the OEM wall wart when necessary.

My PT Nano board is powered by a Visual Sounds 1-Spot = AM Sunface > AM KOT > VFE Merman > Zoom MS100BT. Never had a problem, it's dead quiet and the power supply is small and lightweight.

10. dean owens

dean owens Member

I have an Adam and don't notice any noise issues. But it'd be nice to have a DC5 just for the extra output tap and extra ma. I'm ok now, but if I had the opportunity to replace the Adam with a DC5 without much out of my pocket I'd do it.

11. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

I use a Cioks Adam and don't notice any noise issues. I've powered 5 pedals with it without issues.

12. straightblues

straightblues Member

With a quality daisy chain and single power supply. Been doing it for years on my small gigging board.

13. c00lkatz

c00lkatz Member

+1

Check out the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power ISO-5. Supports up to 5 isolated outputs (3 x 9VDC 100mA each, 1 x 18VDC 100mA), and has a high current 9V/12V output which will accommodate your DL4 (you must use the included red barrel connector on the 12V 400mA output!).

ISO-5 owners manual

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  14. amstrtatnut

amstrtatnut Member

I dont have any issues with my one spot. I have a line 6 echo park, no issues.

Im not hell bent on you sticking with one spot, but a little experimentation might help.

Try a battery in the pedal in question. Any difference?

Try whatever power supply in stock at local store. Any difference?

Visual sound may be able to shed some light if you contact them. I was having a pedal issue that, ultimately wasnt related to my one spot, but they were super helpful.

Good luck.

15. rosslevans

rosslevans Member

T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr, although I have a PT2, but try to keep it around 5 pedals and always use a battery with my wah