how are the drivers in your location?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by gimpyjoe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. gimpyjoe

gimpyjoe Member

here in texas we seem to have a monopoly on blocking the passing lane with troglodytes going 10-15mph under the posted limit.
    and as far as turn indicators, if it weren't for the windshield wipers and the cruise control they could have just left the damn lever off at the factory.

2. Tripower455

Tripower455 Member

Same here in FL.

Oh, and EVERYONE has the right of way. All the time.

3. AZChilicat

AZChilicat Member

Driving in AZ is a many faceted nightmare. AZ gathers all the crappiest drivers, from Mexico to Alberta, and then tosses in extra fun random variables like monsoons, flooded washes, high speed Border Patrol chases, and blowing dust storms.

Also, RVs and 5th Wheels which are often piloted by the near dead.

4. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Slow.

It has been quite a shift to go from city driving the past 20 years to rural where people simply are not in a hurry. I have to take a deep breath and focus on the scenery.

5. ELmiguel

ELmiguel Member

I've never experienced more road rage and aggressive behavior than with Texas drivers. I grew up in Los Angeles. You guys take it to a new level.
    I lived in Texas for 6 years. Traveled around Austin, Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth for work.
    The rule in Texas "get out of my way or else".

6. Doodad

Doodad Member

Abysmal here. No one is from here and brings their poor skills to bear at every opportunity. There are a lot of people that have never owned or driven cars and it shows. The population has doubled in my time here and the roads have not kept pace.

7. Sacalait

Sacalait Member

I'm in New Orleans.

You better wait 3 seconds when you get your green, because somebody is gonna blow right through their red.

Will probably be tossing their leftover plate lunch out of the window while they're doing it...

8. Kitten Cannon

Kitten Cannon Member

"The drivers where I live are the worst on the planet."

-People everywhere

I will say this, though -- Minnesota is the only place I've ever seen where people slow down for a green light and then subsequently run the next red light.

9. AZChilicat

AZChilicat Member

Try living where the drivers for six months of the year are augmented by the retired drivers where you live...and likely a little lost to boot possibly piloting a 40 foot RV.

10. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

I always thought LA was the worst, having been born and raised here, but every time I go to Florida, I'm glad I don't live there full time and have to deal with the drivers. You have assholes in lifted trucks driving 80, old folks driving 40 and I don't know who in the worst POS cars I've ever seen weaving in and out of lanes while having a phone conversation at 75 on a non divided two lane highway with a 55 limit in the rain... I swear, I've never avoided more accidents in my life... I almost want to mount a rocket launcher on the F-150 and take some of them out. 455 knows exactly what highway I'm talking about too...

11. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

Pretty bad in AZ. Lots of left lane pace cars, no one uses turn signals, lots of cars run red lights and there's never a cop when you need one. I was in Germany the last few days and driving there was paradise. Left lane squatting and failing to use a signal are unthinkable there. The fog was a problem though.

12. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

The year I lived in LA, I thought they were the most considerate drivers, on the whole, I'd ever been around.

Houston is the worst I've seen in the US. Have to go a bit south of the border to find worse drivers, imo.

13. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

I agree. What's great about LA is that everyone is of the same mindset - move fast whenever possible. I think LA is the best place for motorcycles too and they're very cool about watching out for lane splitters.

14. Dave Shoop

Dave Shoop Member

They've developed a hard slice. Strongly recommended using a 3 wood off of the tee to no avail.

15. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Well, our traffic is totally effed up and we get transplants doing stupid **** in very expensive cars...

16. 84superchamp

84superchamp Silver Supporting Member

i saw a close one last night..left lane hog related; it was very foggy, i'd guess visibility at about 30ft. everyone slowed down except truckers, flying along in the passing lane. through the dim i saw brake lights and turn signals and everyone slowing down. there was an idiot in the passing lane doing about 30 in a 60 and the 18 wheelers barely got around him. i stayed with him for 2 more miles and he never moved over or sped up.

17. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

Nashville ain't too bad. But then I'm from Houston.

18. ThePeopleofColin

ThePeopleofColin Runs with Scissors

Houston is a lesson in driving defensively.

Dallas is different in that everyone drives like in Houston, except they are entitled to whatever lane they want. And you are in their way.

As long as you get this, you will do fine on Texas roads.

19. Rex Anderson

Rex Anderson Member

Almost never saw an accident in Chicago. The traffic was horrible, but people could drive.

Been in Naples since last July. I'm afraid to leave the house. Got rear ended at a stop sign and have seen more accidents in 8 months than I have ever seen in my entire life. Saw a dump truck run a red light at an intersection and T-bone an elderly lady killing her. Worst driving I have ever seen. Speed limit is 45 in town and everyone goes 60 or faster. Never see anyone stopped for speeding.

I almost got rear ended again by a guy going about 80. Saw him in my rear view mirror and then he swerved around me and took a left from the right lane running a red light.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  20. Hanglow

Hanglow Member

Very good by and large

A lot of people complain about driving in work, but it's far worse on the continent. Although I appreciate Parisians use of bumpers