How are the drums in Micro BR-80 and how are the amp sims

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by eman22, Feb 21, 2012.

1. eman22

eman22 Member

I use the Eleven Rack but am interested in this for practice.....just jamming at home and maybe making some demo's using the drums, and also late night headphone practice: so I have a few questions:

How are the drums....do they sound nice, sit well in a mix.....are there some simple, more basic patterns in there?

How is the amp modelling/cab/OD modelling........it says the GT-10 engine but did they improve the sound at all or does it suffer from the dreaded CW syndrome?

I'm thinking also of plugging my eleven rack into the line in and only using the BR-80 for drums, backing tracks etc....will this work? Or can you only "jam along" with the 1/4 inch guitar input......using the Line in would allow me to use stereo effects on the 11 rack......

If I can't use the line-in to jam along......do the levels work out OK plugging an external unit into the guitar input jack and leaving all of cosm off..........in other words....how and how well can you use an external unit with this thing?

2. eman22

eman22 Member

bump

anyone?????

3. mattball826

mattball826 Member

at minimum get a zoom rt drum machine, alesis sr16, or dr880.

other option for backing is your pc and for drums ezdrummer.

the micro br's are fun, but better off with any of above imo.
    cosm guitar modeling is usable, but its meh.

4. prkaye

prkaye Member

I had the older Micro-BR. I wasn't fond of the COSM modelling (maybe just spoiled by 11R now) - I didn't even like it as much as pocket pod. Unfortunately Pocket Pod didn't have a metronome.
    The drums on the Micro-BR were ok for practice and noodling, but I would certainly never record with them (I use EZ Drummer for recording). For one, the sounds aren't very realistic, and secondly you're stuck with pre-defined patterns and fills.
    If you just want a portable device with modeling and rhythm tracks for playing along and noodling and you don't need the recording capability, the Korg Pandora mini is much more affordable ($99) and does the job. Again, not very good in terms of sound and tone, but for the price it's a great little guy to have in your guitar case. I actually found a way to mount mine directly to my Traveller Travel Guitar.