• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How are the Fender Broadcaster/Twisted Tele pickups

Geek USA

Are these pickups pretty hot for telecasters? I might grab an American Standard but the place didn't have any higher gain amplifiers to play through. It sounded decent clean/light gain on amplifiers I wasn't too familiar with. I read something online those CS Broadcaster pickup are wound about 10k, which would be a good thing for me since I'm mostly a modern rock player. They seemed to be twangy enough clean. How about the Twisted Tele? I read that they're basically meant to be hot strat neck pickups built into a telecaster package. This right? Just some general comments and opinions would be appreciated.

guitarz1972

This is just my own limited experience: I've been checking out Am Std teles, A/B'd a 2011 and a 2012: the 2012 was considerably hotter. I only used an overdriven Blues Junior in the store, so I can't speak for the high-gain perspective - but just from between the two guitars I could tell the difference in output right away. Those are very nice pickups, again just from my own experience.

Cottage

I agree. My pal has one and the new p/ups sound great. Big improvement; you don't have change p/ups any more!

D.G.

That isn't really true.
Yes it is :) Shove the distortion up high enough (either with a high gain amp channel or a distortion/fuzz box) and the 60-cycle hum from a single coil is going to be extremely present. Of course you could use noise-gates and other things to combat the 60-cycle hum, but that another conversation altogether.

Trending Topics