• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How are you cats using your Strymon Deco?

LittleWagon

This thing is pretty interesting... It sounds like every song on the "Dazed & Confused" soundtrack!

How are you guys using it? Where do you put it in your chain? Any stacking?

mrbluetone

I've been using mine end of chain and since my reverbs and delays are running in stereo the DECO sounds crazy in wide mode. I go between a double effect and slight slapback most of the time.

gearscrubs

I've been using mine end of chain and since my reverbs and delays are running in stereo the DECO sounds crazy in wide mode. I go between a double effect and slight slapback most of the time.
Pretty much the same - end of chain, light saturation, for doubling or slap-back.

whackystrings

In my surf/occasional Rockabilly group, I used it for a Scotty Moore slap and saturated sound. With my 'regular' covers band, as mild slap or moderate flanging/chorus along with lead saturated boost. I enjoy that it is instantly usable but that there some depth in its abilities that need some time to tap into.

Last edited:

Nystuss

I have it near the end of my chain. It's actually in an order switcher with my MLJr, so I use it as my only post-distortion modulation, as well as a slapback delay and a slight saturation. Basically, I haven't found a bad use for it.

LittleWagon

I my surf/occasional Rockabilly group, I used it for a Scotty Moore slap and saturated sound. With my 'regular' covers band, as mild slap or moderate flanging/chorus along with lead saturated boost. I enjoy that it is instantly usable but that there some depth in its abilities that need some time to tap into.
I was thinking of that same "flanging/saturated" sound for some '70's goodness... It's such a quirky pedal idea, but I think it would be a great addition in the place of one of my drive-type pedals.

whackystrings

I was thinking of that same "flanging/saturated" sound for some '70's goodness... It's such a quirky pedal idea, but I think it would be a great addition in the place of one of my drive-type pedals.
A staff guy at L&M in Vancouver that I go to regularly was playing a Tele through some tweed Fender amp and started demonstrating it. The saturated drive that it had pushing the Fender amp was very sweet. A very nice, articulate overdrive.

meowmers

Tried it with a Custom Shop 63' Strat on a DRRi, not impressed by the saturation function, I can easily achieve it through other means.

The wow and flutter on the other hand is great of course

Trending Topics