How are you using your Pig Mine?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jjhaller, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jjhaller

jjhaller Supporting Member

I've recently picked up a Skreddy Pig Mine. It's a blast to play when I'm just wanking away at home. I haven't brought it out for a gig or rehearsal yet. How do y'all use your Pig Mine? Is it a lead pedal? I use a Screwdriver for a lot of my mid gain tones, I really dig the fuzzy edged overdrive it creates.

Let's hear it! Thanks!

2. terrapin

terrapin Member

Yes, the Pigmine is a very nice lead pedal, and rhythm pedal. Has a TON of sustain. I run mine with the sustain pretty low and the volume at about noon for a very smooth lead sound that is very responsive to my guitar volume. The pedal can really nail the later Gilmour sound. The Pigmine has been retired and replaced by the P19. I am very happy I got one before the collectors send the prices way up.

3. halcyon85

halcyon85 Member

When I got it I thought I'd be using it for leads but I use it primarily for rhythm, surprisingly. I just love the way it handles chords.

I tend to run the sustain quite low.

4. Dashface

Dashface Member

I use it for leads when we play Animals at shows... I guess exactly how it was designed to be used :D

In a live setting I find the real trick is to keep it at a very low gain - below 9 o'clock. Then you get clarity, power, and delicious tone.

5. teleclem

teleclem Member

Yeah, I used it as a "lead pedal" when I had it. I eventually used the lunar module instead though.

Both are great live, no worries.