How awesome was Blackfoot ??

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
When it's all said and done, they're my favorite band.
I loved all the southern rock bands, but Blackfoot had just a little heavier vibe to what they were doing.

I think of a song like "street fighter"...it just sounds f'n mean.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Back in their day, you could sometimes find them hanging out in Ann Arbor and recording at the Nalli annex on Ashley.

A few years ago, I caught the current version at a club outside of Baltimore and the guys using the name with Medlocke and Al Nalli Jr.'s blessing totally kicked ass.

viper

Anyone remember this one? Have a fond memory; had my clock radio set for 3 AM back in 1983 for a family vacation to Florida and it went off right at the start of the song. Had the double rush that morning waking up to a killer tune and also going to Florida for my first time.

Kind of a sister riff to Ain’t Talkin Bout Love at the intro but changes into its own tune.

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
One of my biggest influences was Mr. Medlocke. I've got all the known Blackfoot recorded material (to my knowledge). Just good hard rock with a southern touch, and a little British mixed in as well.

gennation

Saw them open for The Who in 1979. They didn’t stand a chance, they were Whoo’ed off the stage. Played three songs and were gone.

Lonnie00

I hadn't heard them for many years but I've recently started a Gov't Mule station on Pandora and they pop up from time to time. Heard Train Train on the way to work this morning.

rdwilson

love Blackfoot, saw them in there heyday , killer band ,we have been covering Train Train for seem likes forever, Ricky Medlocke supposedly only has one lung , didn't seem to hold him back any..

The answer is...…..none more black. Honestly though, I'm not really a fan. I always got the confused with Molly Hatchet

RL2792

Anyone remember this one? Have a fond memory; had my clock radio set for 3 AM back in 1983 for a family vacation to Florida and it went off right at the start of the song. Had the double rush that morning waking up to a killer tune and also going to Florida for my first time.

Kind of a sister riff to Ain’t Talkin Bout Love at the intro but changes into its own tune.

That's a great tune! Never heard that before. Also, I can totally relate to clock radio waking you up to go on a family vacation to Florida in the 80's. What a great time - thanks for prodding my memory!

Trending Topics