How close to a DMM has anyone got with the Flashback?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by telewacker, Feb 7, 2015.

1. telewacker

telewacker Member

Toneprint? Toneprint editor?

2. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

The default toneprint that comes with the Flashback - also downloadable at their page - and the Pete Thorn one are the ones that come closest (Pete Thorn's has the specific vibrato setting that I am also using in my big box). There is also one exclusive DMM toneprint in the Alter Ego, but I can't tell you if it's decent or not since I haven't tried it. As for the previous two, they get the flavour to a good degree but they don't go further than that - the warmth (while still preserving clarity), harmonic richness, 3D spaciousness and very "alive" personality of the original is missing. But that's the case with most digital sims anyway...

3. tanee

tanee Member

The alter ego preset sounds great. Natural.. useable. But it doesn't quite get there for the DMM.

4. telewacker

telewacker Member

I prefer the chorus for modulation, so the Pete Thorn toneprint didn't work for me.

5. telewacker

telewacker Member

Dumb question. I'm using the Toneprint app on my HTC phone...where can I find the Alter Ego preset?

6. telewacker

telewacker Member

Ah, different pedal I see. Never mind.