How come Edwards doesnt make ....

pacomc79

PRS already cornered the marked on Cheap imported PRS's.

I don't think they could really outdo the SE models.

When Gibson is charging well over 3 grand for almost exactly the same guitar they are selling for 1000 in that nice early 60's 335 copy that Edwards is selling, there's easily a better market.

Gibson is simply Far to proud of thier name.

Speed_Racer71

i meant, make a copy of the Custom 22. id be disappointed if they copied the SE :jo

if you could get a CU22 for the price they sell the les paul for, or even if it was a few hundred dollars more, im sure they wouldnt have any problems selling them.

jpage

PRS already cornered the marked on Cheap imported PRS's.

I don't think they could really outdo the SE models.

When Gibson is charging well over 3 grand for almost exactly the same guitar they are selling for 1000 in that nice early 60's 335 copy that Edwards is selling, there's easily a better market.

Gibson is simply Far to proud of thier name.
Try and get a new USA made set neck PRS for under a grand. Gibson has over 25 different offerings. Why do you think PRS put out the "Mira"? Maybe because they were "so proud of their name" that they didn't have one set neck USA made guitar that retailed for less than TWO THOUSAND. And that's street price there, home slice.

Wake me up when PRS puts out a set neck guitar that working musicians can purchase new for less than $1500. That's not made in Taiwan, China or Korea.

EunosFD

They have an Edwards version of the Potbelly which is def in the PRS camp style & build wise. Here's an example of one:

http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00360616

I've seen flame top versions as well and if I can dig one up I'll post it. I have no experience with this model personally, but if my LP is any indication I'm sure they're fantastic.

Edit: Just found a flame topped one for what it's worth:
http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00312420

...and in blue:
http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00312421

jpage

If these Edwards guitars are so well made, I wish that they would try and market their product on their own merits instead of glomming on to other companies' successes and pirating other companies' designs. I'd love to try out an Edwards guitar, but apparently because they only sell copy guitars they don't stock here in the US (fear of lawsuit/copyright infringement?).

indravayu

If these Edwards guitars are so well made, I wish that they would try and market their product on their own merits instead of glomming on to other companies' successes and pirating other companies' designs. I'd love to try out an Edwards guitar, but apparently because they only sell copy guitars they don't stock here in the US (fear of lawsuit/copyright infringement?).
Have you looked at the Edwards website? They don't just sell replicas. http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

How many guitar makers steer clear of original Gibson and Fender designs, anyway? Seems like almost everyone does slight variations of the Strat, Tele, LP, SG, 335, etc.

- Chris

whitehall

Tokai tries this every few year and always fails miserably. I think that's hysterical.

Speed_Racer71

this is still the best PRS copy ive seen. made in Thailand. IIRC Paul sent them a letter about the overall design and now they have changed the headstock a bit and the horns. i emailed them and i believe they will make you a an exact copy like the pic they just dont advertise about it. i guess what Paul doesnt know yada yada

oh and this guitar was built for a lefty, i flipped it to see what it would look like right facing so thats why the eagle looks off. not a cheap guitar at $1400? IIRC. still a good bargain

Trending Topics