How come Steve Stevens didn’t play on the new Top Gun soundtrack?

sahhas

well if she poofs up her hair a bit, have PRS make here a hamer SS2 copy, she could be there:
1654822582101.jpeg

Last edited:

sahhas

and honestly i thought nunn did a better job in the test!!!

Terri Nunn actually auditioned for the part of Princess Leia, saw a screen test of her and Harrison Ford last week.

Anyway, it's just film music, do you have to bring everyone from the original back?

Philhouse

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSS
FREEKIN
H
CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAN PEOPLE PLEASE MOVE ON AND NOT BE SO BLINDED BY NOSTALGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some of the viewpoints that S.S. should've been on the soundtrack sound so artistically morbid
WHY DOES STEVE STEVENS NEED TO BE ON THE NEW SOUNDTRACK??????????????????????????
to be what?, historically accurate???????HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The whole premise of Top Gun 2 is based on 80's nostalgia, not fresh originality. Makes sense people would want SS to do the iconic theme.

TrueFifth

So the old white male rocker gets put aside for the young, fresh girl and TGP erupts.

Yawn.

Must be Tuesday.

It's not the young fresh girl's fault, most likely a bunch of old white male's fault. The fresh young girl were only allowed to repeat the melody... No creativity allowed, not even a tiny independent phrase...

Where is the "Maverick" in that?

Well, no need to have Steve working on McDonalds anyway.

But you're right, it's definitely tuesday...

sahhas

his playing on Whiplash smile was off the charts! I saw that tour back in '87, he was amazing on it!!!!!

I dig Steve Steven's playing a lot, but, IMO, the Top Gun thing is far from his finest hour.

It may be really famous and successful, and I certainly hope he made a lot of dough from it, but I could list ten more essential Steve Stevens moments just from Rebel Yell and Memory Crash.

taez555

It's not the young fresh girl's fault, most likely a bunch of old white male's fault. The fresh young girl were only allowed to repeat the melody... No creativity allowed, not even a tiny independent phrase...

Where is the "Maverick" in that?

Well, no need to have Steve working on McDonalds anyway.

But you're right, it's definitely tuesday...
It's Murphy's law, or one of those things.

She makes it her own, everyone complains she should have kept it true to style.

She plays it exactly the same, everyone complains she has no creativity.

Basically.... whatever she does... everyone complains.

taez555

It is hilarious to consider the comments that they didn't want to pay his session rate, when they were paying the Navy $11k an hour to operate the planes used in the film. I don't think expenses were spared.

Isn't it the running joke(aka reality) though that this is exactly what happens and why musicians are low-balled? "Hey, can we use your music in our film? We spent our budget on something else so we can't afford to pay you, but it'll be great exposure."

andrekp

Because she checks more of the right boxes that SS ever will. Talent is all over the place, ready for the pickin’. Box checking…well, that’s harder to find and much more important in a industry trying hard to pretend it’s not a sex grooming gang.

It's Murphy's law, or one of those things.

She makes it her own, everyone complains she should have kept it true to style.

She plays it exactly the same, everyone complains she has no creativity.

No, not everyone, only those who are stuck in some kind of weird nostalgic time warp.

monty

For anyone who really wants to know, he talked about it recently on the ëveryone loves guitar" podcast.
I listened but don't remember what he said other than he wasn't asked.

Top Bottom