How Did I End Up Here? (Delay Content)

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
How will you ever resist the Meris LVX? Even I am having trouble resisting that one.

Also, what about modulation? Do you have a stack of Shallow Waters and Juliannas as well?
My strategy is not to pay attention to the latest and greatest. So, while I have an awareness of the LVX, it's not really clear what it does that's any different from the older big box delays. And that's intentional! Because I probably would be angling to buy one, otherwise.

And funny enough, I don't have a ton of modulation. In that regard, I'm very easy to please. I have maybe 4? modulation pedals altogether- a Boss Flanger (BF-2), an Arion Chorus (SCH-1) and a couple of multi mod pedals (a Marshall Regenerator and a Donner Alchemy.)

Unless you count tremolo. I have a couple of those as well. Maybe 3 or 4?

But dirt pedals? Fugeddaboutit. :facepalm

I've managed to sell some of those as new ones show up, and I *still* have too many!

Smallstar

How did I end up here-
Yju6o6k.jpeg

...that's 10 delay pedals. Plus I have two more, an El Capistan and a Lovepedal Gen5 Echo, which are on my gigging board at the practice space.

...plus I have two Tonal Recalls on order. (Pre-ordered the regular Tonal Recall when it was announced they were ending production, then convinced myself I would never be content with it unless I was able to compare it to the Red Knob Mod version, so I pre-ordered one of those, too.)

Seriously though. I don't even like delay *like that*. I mean, sure, it's cool. But not 10+ pedals cool. I typically only use it for slapback on certain parts of certain songs, or once in a while I'll set up a little bit of a longer delay for solos to get that 80's Wank sound.

Has anyone else woken up one day to realize that their small pedal selection had gotten out from under them, and somehow turned into a collection?

I'm not a collector. I'm not the Edge. So, I'll ask again-

How did I end up here? :dunno
For Guitarist the pedal, little box gadget grift is what makes the music equipment industry go round, and wastes decades of a musicians life with empty promises' and unsubstantiated unproveable claims. It starts in the beginning when a player is young and they can only afford the Fender Squire or harmony electric guitar. The magazines kick in and promise to fix your sound. As a young player starting out, the problem surely can not be one's ability, it must be that cheap guitar and for a teenager a $75 pedal is more doable than $3000 guitar. The years roll on, we blame the amp, the tubes, not enough pedals, the cables, ect ect on and on, until you have 20 pedals and no idea what is making your sound or how you have any signal strength at all.
The remedy, quality guitar, amp strings, picks and speakers. plug straight in, it's the only way to go.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
For Guitarist the pedal, little box gadget grift is what makes the music equipment industry go round, and wastes decades of a musicians life with empty promises' and unsubstantiated unproveable claims. It starts in the beginning when a player is young and they can only afford the Fender Squire or harmony electric guitar. The magazines kick in and promise to fix your sound. As a young player starting out, the problem surely can not be one's ability, it must be that cheap guitar and for a teenager a $75 pedal is more doable than $3000 guitar. The years roll on, we blame the amp, the tubes, not enough pedals, the cables, ect ect on and on, until you have 20 pedals and no idea what is making your sound or how you have any signal strength at all.
The remedy, quality guitar, amp strings, picks and speakers. plug straight in, it's the only way to go.
Nah

david57strat

What's wrong with having a few delays? They're tools. Use them and enjoy them!

Just picked up a Red Panda Raster 2 and am in love with it.

1lLvxYI.jpg

yHDSsnK.jpg

These are spread out on multiple boards. The right tool for the job. No big deal.

Every delay has its own flavor. It's nice to have a selection from which to choose. Mixing and matching/stacking them is a blast. If you dabble in ambient music, a must-have. Reverbs, too.

They're addicting - that's for damned sure. But, there are worse addictions to have.

Which do you think will be your next delay pedal? lol

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
Well, I've had a Tonal Recall and a Tonal Recall RKM on order since mid-November, so hopefully one of those? :dunno

But in the time between placing that order and now, I've managed to pick up a couple, including:
Strymon Timeline
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon Deco
Ibanez DE-7
Eventide Timefactor
Lovepedal Gen5 Echo
MXR Carbon Copy

......sooooooo....

Either a Vapour Trail or a Rose? :bonk

(On another note, I hadn't really taken the time to think about it, so I just realized I bought more than half of all my delays in the past 6 months! :oops:)

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I've had a Tonal Recall and a Tonal Recall RKM on order since mid-November, so hopefully one of those? :dunno

But in the time between placing that order and now, I've managed to pick up a couple, including:
Strymon Timeline
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon Deco
Ibanez DE-7
Eventide Timefactor
Lovepedal Gen5 Echo
MXR Carbon Copy

......sooooooo....

Either a Vapour Trail or a Rose? :bonk

(On another note, I hadn't really taken the time to think about it, so I just realized I bought more than half of all my delays in the past 6 months! :oops:)
And yet still no Deluxe Memory Man.

:dunno

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
I'm definitely drawn to delays but lately I'm feeling pretty well set with what I have on hand:

Fairfield Circuity Meet Maude
Moog Minifooger Delay
EHX DMM Nano
Bondi Art Van Delay
Chase Bliss Habit

Swijak

What's wrong with having a few delays? They're tools. Use them and enjoy them!

Just picked up a Red Panda Raster 2 and am in love with it.

1lLvxYI.jpg

yHDSsnK.jpg

These are spread out on multiple boards. The right tool for the job. No big deal.

Every delay has its own flavor. It's nice to have a selection from which to choose. Mixing and matching/stacking them is a blast. If you dabble in ambient music, a must-have. Reverbs, too.

They're addicting - that's for damned sure. But, there are worse addictions to have.

I couldn't agree more!
My delays are in constant rotation depending on what I need at the time. Most delays I have bring something different to the table. Stacking delays, parallel delays, syncing multiple delays with tap tempo, delays before and after modulation or OD... So many choices, so many sounds.

I'm not done yet... I'm waiting to see what the new Keeley Halo looks like and the Boss RE-202 is calling me...

• Boss RE-20 - Great delay with parallel reverb
  • TC Electronics Alter Ego V2 - currently on my desk board
  • Catalinbread Belle Epoch
  • Catalinbread Echorec
  • Boss DD-200 - My main delay currently on my desk board

Not pictured are:
  • Boss DD-20 - My main delay for several years
  • Visual Sound H2O - I two of them. They both were on my gigging board for a long time
  • Ibanez DE-7
  • Ibanez AD-230 Delay and Multi-flanger
  • Donner Yellow Flag - Cheap lofi delay
  • Donner White Tape - $43 true stereo parallel delay. LOTs of fun!
There are still some delays I've tried and I'd like to have; Dunlop Echoplex, Boss DD-8, Keeley Eccos and Halo, Strymon Dig, Deco, and Volante, Free the tone... The list could go on and on!

adolan

Silver Supporting Member
Now ya need a tape delay, a Real one! Trust me, then when someone mentions their digital "tape emulation" mode you can laugh and say "ahh yes, I too once thought that way!" :p
I have 5 delays.
Boss DD-3 (long chip)
Strymon Timeline
Eventide Space (H9)
Klemt Echolette
CBA Habit

and a CT5
and a Blooper
So I guess thats really 7 lolz...ya can't win I tells ya!

But yeah, get a Tape Delay and you will have another flavor. The real deal... :)

Top Bottom