how do celebrities with albums make you feel?

diego

I guess the subconscious rub for some is that they are playing another role, taking advantage of their fame, rather than being "serious" musicians.

I guess the subconscious rub for some is that they are playing another role, taking advantage of their fame, rather than being "serious" musicians.

Yup, I think thats the rub, not so much that they aren't serious.

Does it make people mad when a musician crosses over into film?

speedemon

I understand Johnny Depp is decent on guitar, I saw a bit of him on TV.

There was a time when it was ordinary for people going to "Hollywood" to be able to sing and dance as well.

I hope most know Segal for his guitar collecting!

So many people come to Los Angeles to make it big in music, and there is actually paid work in movies, so there is nothing at all odd about players ending up in the movies, or even becoming big movie stars.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
i don't have issues with vanity projects. if their fans like it, great. heck, they may even get fans of their music who aren't fans of what got them famous. and if that music career sinks, they've got their main claim to fame to fall back on. no harm, no foul. they aren't putting shade on anyone else by putting themselves out there in my mind.

mong00se

Dang, does Villeneuve have something released?:bonk

Bonus points for the post of obscurity!:JAM
Indeed he does! I believe the sales numbers didn't quite crack 1000. Do yourself a favour and don't look it up :rotflmao

I understand Johnny Depp is decent on guitar, I saw a bit of him on TV.

There was a time when it was ordinary for people going to "Hollywood" to be able to sing and dance as well.

I hope most know Segal for his guitar collecting!

So many people come to Los Angeles to make it big in music, and there is actually paid work in movies, so there is nothing at all odd about players ending up in the movies, or even becoming big movie stars.
I remember reading somewhere just recently that Johnny Depp did the guitar work on an album or soundtrack that was actually pretty damn decent! The boy has talent! Such a bastard!!

Why would you be offended, did you expect it to be racist or something?

No, more aptly put in the "rub" comments above.

It was a bit new-agey (the Milla record) but it wasn't bad. I just wouldn't appreciate someone blowing on a harmonica in a band like they were half-assing it. That's the most offensive thing a Hollywood celeb could do, IMO.

madhattertcm

Hugh Laurie

He is the main character from the TV show House. He is "House" and his music is pretty cool. Blusey stuff. Check it out.

Yup - people like that who have a passion for music are cool. People who are just "famous" and also get a record deal, worthless. i.e. lindsey lohan, selina gomez, paris hilton, chris crocker....

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Good music is good music.

Viggo Mortensen has made records w/ Buckethead

Perhaps Scarlett Johanssen hipped some folks to Tom Waits

Yeah, I can do without the likes of Philip Michael Thomas releasing music, but I'll take it on a case by case basis. :)

Hugh Laurie? Well, he's had the good sense to keep guitarist Kevin Breit on retainer for the past year or so. Hard to not support a well-to-do employer employing deserving artists! :)

mong00se

Sorry Mongoose,

I am a race fan, and Jacques was my man in F1, I have no choice..:bonk
Yep that's the only reason I know about the album as well - F1 tragic ;) The useless irrelevant knowledge I have floating around inside my head because of that astounds even me sometimes!

The way I see it, they are people with day jobs, doing something on the side that they like, much like most of us on here who don't earn our keep from playing music. I would probably rather listen to Shatner, out of all of them, but that is just personal taste.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom