• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How do I... (extention cab help!)

krisharmony

Silver Supporting Member
Is there a way to connect two cabs to an amp that has but one speaker out? Do I have to use an ABY, or can I use an ABY? Or is there a better solution?

Thanks!

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Depends on the cabs. Some cabs have two output jacks connected together for "daisy chaining" cabs together. In which case you just run a cable from one cab to the other.If each cab only has oine then you will need a Y cable. Then of coarse you need to match the impedance of the combined cabs . Hopefully your amp has selectable impedance. Bob

krisharmony

Silver Supporting Member
Depends on the cabs. Some cabs have two output jacks connected together for "daisy chaining" cabs together. In which case you just run a cable from one cab to the other.If each cab only has oine then you will need a Y cable. Then of coarse you need to match the impedance of the combined cabs . Hopefully your amp has selectable impedance. Bob
Well my Avatar cab does have two jacks in the back and the second cab, a Bob Burt only has one as far as I can tell (it's in the mail). Is it as simple as plugging first into the Avatar and then extending out to the Burt cab? The amp is an Emery Sound Superbaby which is accepts 4,8,and 16 ohm cabs.

rockon1

Well my Avatar cab does have two jacks in the back and the second cab, a Bob Burt only has one as far as I can tell (it's in the mail). Is it as simple as plugging first into the Avatar and then extending out to the Burt cab? The amp is an Emery Sound Superbaby which is accepts 4,8,and 16 ohm cabs.

Yes. The cabs will be in parallel.What ohms are the cabs? Bob

chuckamok63

just make sure the impedance switch matches.

8ohm plus 8ohm=4ohm load.
16+16=8
And no offense, but $32 for a cable you can make for $12?!?!

krisharmony

Silver Supporting Member
Yes. The cabs will be in parallel.What ohms are the cabs? Bob
The Avatar is 8ohms, the Burt I'm not sure about. It was received in a trade with the Superbaby. I figured if I could hook up the Avatar I could add some depth in the bass frequencies.

rockon1

The Avatar is 8ohms, the Burt I'm not sure about. It was received in a trade with the Superbaby. I figured if I could hook up the Avatar I could add some depth in the bass frequencies.
OK so if both cabs are 8 ohms just daisychain them from the Avatar to the Burt and set the amp to 4 ohms- done! bob

Trending Topics