How do I post pics from my I phone?

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by peanutavalon, Dec 22, 2017.

1. peanutavalon

peanutavalon Supporting Member

any tips appreciated...thanks

2. sedawkgrep

sedawkgrep Member

Get the imgur app, setup an account, and use that. It's by far the easiest way to post images on the internet.

All free too.

3. jbd3

jbd3 Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear Silver Supporting Member

I just looked up Imgur in the app store, and it says it's "memes and GIFs." Are there different Imgurs, or can you also post pics here with it, in addition to availing yourself of the latest cat memes? As should be painfully obvious, I am an idiot w/r/t technology; please don't be cruel.

4. sedawkgrep

sedawkgrep Member

Give it a shot and see. It's easy to setup an account, create folders / collections, and upload your photos to them. Then you can share them via URL.

5. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

There is no easy way afaik. It used to be super easy (ahem.... tapatalk ... ) but now it involves either using a third party hosting site and linking to it - and look how awesome all the pic threads are now with all the broken links! - OR you can add them using the TGP ‘media’ functionality, the UX for which was developed by someone for whom a special place in hell has been reserved. And best of all, it won’t accommodate iPhone-sized image files, so you need to downscale them first before posting...

6. Blackmoreguitar

Blackmoreguitar Supporting Member

OP, you are supporting member so, (in theory), can use the sites media function, i.e. you do not need a third party hosting site. Except I am also a supporting member and the media function won't work with my MacBook anymore, but it does seem to work with my iPhone.

7. Theorist

Theorist Supporting Member

I use both imgur and as a supporting member, TGP itself. See if this helps, it’s sort of a step by step for posting pictures from my iPhone:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?media/albums/tutorial.6235/

8. peanutavalon

peanutavalon Supporting Member

Yes...I thought the media function would automatically go to my photos in my phone...that would be ideal.