How do I post sound clips?

Khromo

Silver Supporting Member
I was working on a New Bass Day post recently, and as I got to the part where I wanted to describe the tone of the instrument, I was reminded of the Zappa quote, "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."

I thought to myself, "How true." What am I supposed to do? Start rambling on about haunting mids? Nuance? Or worse yet, should I describe my feelings about the bass, or the way the bass makes me feel?

Lotta nonsense. A few guys on here post sound clips that let us know exactly what they are trying to communicate. The appearance of the instrument matters, a little, but if you can't hear it none of that matters.

I've got a Zoom H6 that I can operate, kind of, but handling the files after recording is like manned space travel to me. I am hoping that someone could explain to me, or point the way to a kindergarten level tutorial that would explain to me how to post sound clips?

I really enjoy this site, but I think it would be light years better for most of us if we could get clips posted to keep our discussions more clear!

Thanks for any help you can give me, and remember, I know nothing, so talk to me like I am a baby!

steve T 667

links, i think there used to be an file attachment but, seems to have gone the way of the Buffalo Bills
sorry for that last bit

MagRick

I was working on a New Bass Day post recently, and as I got to the part where I wanted to describe the tone of the instrument, I was reminded of the Zappa quote, "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."

I thought to myself, "How true." What am I supposed to do? Start rambling on about haunting mids? Nuance? Or worse yet, should I describe my feelings about the bass, or the way the bass makes me feel?

Lotta nonsense. A few guys on here post sound clips that let us know exactly what they are trying to communicate. The appearance of the instrument matters, a little, but if you can't hear it none of that matters.

I've got a Zoom H6 that I can operate, kind of, but handling the files after recording is like manned space travel to me. I am hoping that someone could explain to me, or point the way to a kindergarten level tutorial that would explain to me how to post sound clips?

I really enjoy this site, but I think it would be light years better for most of us if we could get clips posted to keep our discussions more clear!

Thanks for any help you can give me, and remember, I know nothing, so talk to me like I am a baby!

Make an account on soundcloud and upload your mp3 wav etc file there.
After that copy the link to your audio here by clicking on the link button about which looks like a paper clip.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom