• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How do I use Torpedo CAB for both Live and Home.

axecutioner18

Hey guys need some help here.

I am new to single effects and since I live in India such gear is REALLY sophistaced and very rare. I pieced my whole board from the pedalboard to the power supply from friends who bought them from abroad for me. Took me over a year to assemble these.

This is my current home set up.

I had read about the Torpedo being a fantastic CAB sim and here in India since most of us use Processors like Boss GT8/10 or Line6 HD/X3 Live direct into mixer and amps are never really available on stage I wanted to make a pedalboard which would be self sufficient. Something I could play at home and go to a gig and hook up and play while keeping that tone I built at home intact

I realise now Im way out of my league

Some weeks back I realised I had no clean tone preamp to go into the Torpedo CAB id buy. After some research I settled onto the AMT Legend Amp F1 preamp pedal. I have ordered it and its on its way to me

This is the proposed connection I have therefore made is

However I realise at home I have NO idea how to use it. Im sure I cant connect this setup into my Laney HCMr30W amp and not blow it up or something.

What do I need to buy at home so that I can build my tone here and easily port it to live. Also is my proposed rig practical? I have bought all these pedals completely blind simply based on whatever research I could get from the net and video clips as none are available in my country and each cost almost as much as my salary. So all help will be appreciated and I really need it.

Thanks.

djd100

That would work, though if you want the stereo reverb and/or delays then you could put the CAB before them.

Set the CAB's input to guitar level, and the CAB's output level to guitar level if driving the amp (cab sims off), or to LINE level if driving FOH or recording gear (cab sims on). Use the Torpedo Remote software to set your levels via it's meters if possible.

The tube power amp sims in the cab are great so be sure to try them too (most tend to start with the Presence Control up high excepting perhaps the with the 6L6's which have more bottom-end).

axecutioner18

Are you sure that with that proposed live setup I can actually put it into my Laney Solid State 30W amp? wont that overload the input? I always thought I could only use this setup if I plugged it into a soundcard and out into a FRFR Speaker or direct to a speaker.
To be honest Im at a loss on how to use the Torpedo at Home Practices. What new Amp/Speaker etc do I need to buy. That is my main concern. Recording through it is not a current priority to me.

Semitone

The Torpedo cab has a switch for either "instrument" level or "Line" level out. No issue with plugging the instrument level out directly into an amp. It is made for that...however, normally one would be "replacing a guitar amp" with the Torpedo CAB and going to a PA/FRFR system or Audio interface into a computer. You can plug it into your amp. If it sounds fine, it is fine. The Torpedo CAB is a guitar cab/power amp simulator...so in you setup you have a cab sim going into a real cab...might sound a bit muddy. Are you sure this is what you want to do?

You could also run it into a home stereo for home practice or some studio monitors if you have them. In the case of a home stereo most likely you would use the "line"level output.

( EDIT: btw, I run my Torpedo before my reverb but to it can go either way.)

djd100

The CAB supports guitar level and line level, so if using your Laney set the CAB to guitar level in and out.

If you overload the Laney turn down the CAB's output.

Use the Laney at home or use your stereo, or the CAB's Headphone out if it's last in the chain etc.

Are you sure that with that proposed live setup I can actually put it into my Laney Solid State 30W amp? wont that overload the input? I always thought I could only use this setup if I plugged it into a soundcard and out into a FRFR Speaker or direct to a speaker.
To be honest Im at a loss on how to use the Torpedo at Home Practices. What new Amp/Speaker etc do I need to buy. That is my main concern. Recording through it is not a current priority to me.

axecutioner18

Thanks for all your help guys! So all I have to do now for my home setup is to get hold of a good FRFR. I fear that option is limited in India and I've only seen speakers of Yamaha and Behringer. So what would you guys recommend I get.

I need it for home as live I'll go direct to PA. And home I'll use it usually for Bedroom levels.

djd100

Bedroom levels, try some good headphones?

Thanks for all your help guys! So all I have to do now for my home setup is to get hold of a good FRFR. I fear that option is limited in India and I've only seen speakers of Yamaha and Behringer. So what would you guys recommend I get.

I need it for home as live I'll go direct to PA. And home I'll use it usually for Bedroom levels.

axecutioner18

Bedroom levels, try some good headphones?
No man, headphones isnt something I really like. I stopped listening to anything on headphones for about 8/9 years now. Since I last used my Walkman Cassette Player to pick up songs.

So anything on the FRFR that you may recommend in Yamaha?