How do you attach/anchor to underside of Pedaltrain?

chillybilly

Operation Pedalboard was in full swing this weekend as I set up a new Pedaltrain 2.

But the powder coat combined with the coldness of the steel had my little adhesive cable management retainers (shaped like Ω) not adhering well, if at all. I even contrived to make small matching Velcro patches the size of the base of the retainer to see if that would work but that adhesive contact patch was inadequate as well (as opposed to the long, expansive strips of Velcro on the top of the board).

Has anyone taken the step of applying primer or other substance that will allow adhesives to, er, adhere? If so what did you use?

JackStraw12

I just take two zip ties and tie them together and wrap it around the bars from the underside. Kind of messy but it works. I only suggest doing one or two strategically placed anchors so you can quickly swap cables if there ever is a fault.

Geosh

Operation Pedalboard was in full swing this weekend as I set up a new Pedaltrain 2.

But the powder coat combined with the coldness of the steel had my little adhesive cable management retainers (shaped like Ω) not adhering well, if at all. I even contrived to make small matching Velcro patches the size of the base of the retainer to see if that would work but that adhesive contact patch was inadequate as well (as opposed to the long, expansive strips of Velcro on the top of the board).

Has anyone taken the step of applying primer or other substance that will allow adhesives to, er, adhere? If so what did you use?
Heat up the areas you are bonding with a hair dryer or heat gun first. Also clean the areas with alcohol as well and allow that to fully flash off before sticking anything to the area. I have had zero problems having things stick to the powdercoat on my Pedaltrains.

phazersonstun

I never had a problem getting the adhesive on the square pad deals to stick.
I suppose as a last resort you could sand off the finish in the spot you want it to stick.

MogwaiBoy

+1.

I used 'Powergrip' (like Dual Lock) to attach my powersupplies underneath my Pedaltrain1. My dad and I had to basically use a CROWBAR to get the T-Rex Chameleon off once I'd placed it but wanted to move it.

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/go...wer-grip-1/power-grip-pedal-tape/power-grip-2

Meriphew

I use these as well, only I peel off the foam adhesive sticker (because that wasn't strong enough to keep it permanently secured to the board), then I apply gorilla glue to the plastic tab and glue it to my Pedaltrain.

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
Industrial strength Velcro works for me. I have 3 pedals underneath my board. No issue

richpjr

I use these as well. Never had one even think about falling off. They are actually about next to impossible to remove. Home Depot carries them.
That's where I got mine and they are STUCK on the bottom of my board. They worked so well, I stuck a couple on the underside of my computer desk to tidy up the rats nest of cables my iMac/monitors/DAC/headphone amp/hard disks have left me.

100JH

I use these as well, only I peel off the foam adhesive sticker (because that wasn't strong enough to keep it permanently secured to the board), then I apply gorilla glue to the plastic tab and glue it to my Pedaltrain.

I use the same thing but a small flat head self tapping screw in the middle. Won't move unless I unscrew it.

Trending Topics