How do you attach your Dl-4?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cmc2878, Jan 18, 2008.

1. cmc2878

cmc2878 Member

I've bought industrial strength velcro but it won't seem to stick to the ruber padding?

2. GuitarDude

GuitarDude Member

i put two long strips along the bottom and the top. it stays on my pedaltrain board like a champ.

3. jwilliams

jwilliams Member

ditto.

4. andrewnielson

andrewnielson Member

do you keep moving it around on the board? cuz after awhile it will start to not stick if you keep pulling it off the board and sticking it back on...

5. lukeness

lukeness Member

Here's an idea that sort of worked for me for a while....

I unscrewed some of the screws on the bottom of the DL4, then I poked it through the strip of velcro, and screwed it back in. It holds pretty well....

Eventually, I just took off the whole rubber thing and mounted the velcro on the metal... it worked much better. I kept the rubber though. It'll be easy to stick back on if I need to later.

6. teleboy

teleboy Member

I peel the rubber off my pedals.

7. andytwatson

andytwatson Member

i screwed it to my board by drilling holes and buying longer screws. it is awesome. doesnt move one bit. i hated velcro and this looks much neater than zipties.

8. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

peel the rubber off. this works very well and makes the pedal a tad lower, too...

9. ARch

ARch Member

I just stick it to the rubber -- works great for me (3 years?). I bought an MM4 off Craigslist where the guy had pulled the rubber off. It was nice that it was a little lower, and obviously stuck REALLY well.

Although, he said he had one heck of a time actually getting the rubber off. It came off in one piece but took quite a bit more strength than he expected.

10. cmc2878

cmc2878 Member

I have been removing it quire frequently...the tap tempo switch seems to get stuck so I have to open it up and flick the little spring into place.

11. andrewnielson

andrewnielson Member

lube it up!:)

12. cmc2878

cmc2878 Member

It's not a friction problem...

The DL-4 is at the far end of my board, so rather than sidestep over and tap the tempo, I just stretch my foot over. Evidently, by hitting the switch from an angle rather than straight on, it causes the actual spring(which brings the switch to its upright position) to come out of its slot.

I've yet to find a way to remedy this problem...so I just take the backplate off and flick the spring back to its original position.