How do you guys find these Burst replica makers

flyingvees

Been thinking about having a burst replica made and cant seem to find alot of info on whose doin what....Any help?

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
In the era of the lawsuit and copyright protection, and Gibsons Reissue program, not too many people willing to build these anymore. Snap up those Monty's, Pooles', Keeblers, Guitar Clinics, etc when they pop up! My Monty 59 replica is my "one and only" now.

soldano16

You can't expect the builders to be out there advertising. It's a word of mouth thing.

Here's my Monty - the best of 4 replicas I've owned.

(click on pics to enlarge)

And the new kid on the block.

JackButler

Gold Supporting Member
But how do you even find out how to get in contact with them? Just seek out others who already have one?

fullerplast

A replica without licensing is a counterfeit....that's why you won't easily find the builders. You can't buy or sell them on the emporium here, and they can be confiscated if sold through ebay/paypal, as lawsuits have been filed against ebay for (unknowingly) letting some counterfeits be sold. Shop owners having them for sale have been arrested. So yeah, don't expect to find them under Counterfeits-R-Us in the Yellow Pages.;)

"It's fraud, no way around it," says George Gruhn, founder of Gruhn Guitars in Nashville, and one of the preeminent guitar experts in the world. "As an expert, they look fake to me, but maybe not to the average consumer. Nobody should be able to make new guitars from scratch that say Gibson or Fender unless they are Gibson or Fender or the other trademark-holding companies crafting their guitars."

"If you're not an expert, deal with local dealers you can trust. And if you're selling or making these counterfeit guitars, you deserve what's coming to you. It's time the world started respecting copyrights, patents and trademarks."
:nono

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
You can't buy or sell them on the emporium here, and they can be confiscated if sold through ebay/paypal, as lawsuits have been filed against ebay for (unknowingly) letting some counterfeits be sold.
:nono

I don't think there are any formal rules against sales of replicas in the emporium. There are a couple of Guitar Clinics for sales now and I know I've seen Keeblers and others listed before.

fullerplast

I don't think there are any formal rules against sales of replicas in the emporium. There are a couple of Guitar Clinics for sales now and I know I've seen Keeblers and others listed before.

Sure there are....just because they missed some doesn't mean they are allowed. Per the rules you signed up to:

13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
It is the policy of The Gear Page, LLC to respect the intellectual property rights of others; we require that our users do the same. The Gear Page, LLC may terminate access to the FORUM, including the accounts of those who appear to infringe the intellectual property rights of others, and/or The Gear Page, LLC may remove content that has prompted such a complaint.

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
Sure there are....just because they missed some doesn't mean they are allowed. Per the rules you signed up to:

Thanks for posting the rule. I wasn't advocating the posting of replicas for sale, just knew I'd seen several listed.

atquinn

Yeah, but how many of those have you seen with pics showing the headstock? :AOK

-Austin

rockinlespaul

000_1642.jpg

:D

JackButler

Gold Supporting Member
This is going in the wrong direction. Next it will lead to fighting about cloned amps, cloned circuits, etc.

JackButler

Gold Supporting Member
Nice replica shed btw Rockin'! Aged to perfection, I dig the rerto looking part of the shingles missing, nice touch!

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
No fighting here...agreed, the shed looks great... although the grass doesn't look real enough for me:rolleyes:

rockinlespaul

It's not a shed and the grass is real...:roll

I love showing off my #1....thanks guys.

Should I bring her with me tomorrow Scott?

000_1549.jpg

000_1483.jpg

000_1475.jpg

JackButler

Gold Supporting Member
Not a shed! Dude, how big is your friggin dog for that doghouse? Or is that your maid's quarters?

dtube

Silver Supporting Member
Does just the headstock design determine infringement? Someday I want to have a burst replica made by an expert - but I'd never consider using the Gibson headstock shape. Do I also need to massage the body shape a bit?
-Darren

emjee

Silver Supporting Member
What if the maker is outside the USA and making exact replicas? Can they still be sued?

MG

Trending Topics

Top Bottom