How do you guys organize your patches on the g3?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by stratchamp57, Feb 12, 2012.

1. stratchamp57

stratchamp57 Member

I'm still trying to figure out a good way to organize mine. :(

And how many patches do you usually use?

2. johnnymegabyte

johnnymegabyte Member

I just have the ones I use most in the A group, then ones I would use following.
    I shuffled patches around a few times already.

3. krueger

krueger Member

I will perhaps try to use the same system I used with my V-Amp 2, that is to create patches near each other based on the same amp. Basically try to emulate three channels, clean, crunch and lead by having patches next to each other for these settings. To use that during one single song on the G3 you probably need to stay in patch mode.

Since I like better to work the volume knob on the guitar to regulate gain (which the G3 responds well to) I will more likely try and find a good basic sound that covers as much ground from clean to high-gain that I can get on one patch. A few of those based on different amps and I'm set.

I will see how it works out in practice, I've only had mine for a couple of days so I'm still just messing around with the sounds and exploring.

4. stratchamp57

stratchamp57 Member

Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try that.

5. tucsonsound

tucsonsound Member

I'm trying out keeping the same clean sound on A2/B2/C2, same crunch sound on A3/B3/C3, and then different effect combos switched on in the patches above and below them. So you have to hold down two switches to bank up or down to another set of effects, but the dry sound stays the same so you can cue a patch up without hearing random effects. Sure would be nice if you could disable autosave...

A2>clean Fender A1>Fender+Delay A0>Wah+Fender+Delay
    B2>clean Fender B1>Phaser+Fender B0>Phaser+Fender+Delay
    C2>clean Fender C1>Univibe+Fender C0>Univibe+Fender+Delay

A3>crunch Two Rock A4>Two Rock+Delay A5>Wah+Two Rock+Delay
    B3>crunch Two Rock B4>Phaser+Two Rock B5>Phaser+Two Rock+Delay
    C3>crunch Two Rock C4>Univibe+Two Rock C5>Univibe+Two Rock+Delay

6. stratchamp57

stratchamp57 Member

Bump

I need some good ideas.

7. ElDiabloBlanco

ElDiabloBlanco Member

I use my standard Fender clean as "home base" with basic rock crunch being the next patch up. I have the clean variations ( acoustic sim, clean w/ chorus) below the Fender clean and the dirt patches above the standard one. For my gig, I can cover the majority of the material with either the standard clean or dirt and I have enough time ( in a large band like I play in) to move a few clicks for the next song or part of the song.