1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How do you guys use your RC Booster?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shredtrash, Apr 29, 2008.

1. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

I want to get one and leave it on all the time to beef up my cleans while adding some EQ. I also want to run an Xotic BB plus behind it for my overdrive. How do you guys use it?

2. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

Transparent OD or to add some OD to the signal, depends on the rig I'm using and what I'm after any given night.

3. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

I use it for a transparent booster and to add saturation to a dirty amp. I love it.

4. dave s

dave s Member

I use the RC to 'liven up' a dead clean amp and to provide a clarifying boost to OD/Dist/Fuzz pedals during solos. Works expertly.

dave

5. Alter

Alter Member

i leave it on all the time, and everything sounds better. gives me better clean sounds, and even santana style overdrive with my 335

6. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

I use it as a dirty boost with a little treble to liven the tone, and a little bass to make it thicker. I also run it after a clean boost with enough gain to cause the RC Boost to compress a bit. Pretty cool sound.

7. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

Thanks everyone! That seals it; I have to get one now. I can already think of a bunch of applications for it.

8. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

its last in my chain.after my main barber ltd light drive rhythm tone ..after my RHE is my favorite tone i have on my board.i run all my drives pretty light so it really pumps them up if i need it.:dude

9. scott757

scott757 Supporting Member

I've had my RC Boost for about 2 weeks. I'm using it as a light overdrive before my Ol Yeller. I'm really impressed with it. I have the EQ section set so that it doesn't add any coloring. I actually like it so much that it's made me consider getting a heavier OD to replace my OY, because it does color my tone. This was a very good purchase, and I'll be hanging on to this for a while.

[​IMG]

10. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I had one and used it the same way as you, now I have a Tim pedal.

11. TB72

TB72 Member

I use mine after my overdrive pedals, as a solo boost.

Later...

12. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

+1

I run the gain just below half, bass at half, treble at 2:00 o'clock, and volume to however much louder than my rhythm tone I want my solos to be.

13. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Mine's on most of the time, as clean boost with a little extra. Gain at 9:00. Sometimes run it with another clean boost (Burriss Boostier) in front ... depends on the guitar.

14. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Mine is first in line. I use it to OD my amps gain. But I have found that for me it seems to work best stacking it in front of other dirt pedals.
    The EQ on it works great.