How do you insert an image?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Rotten, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Rotten

Rotten Silver Supporting Member

I'm not technical; I don't even know what a URL is. Can someone explain? I've got some nice guitars that need to be shown.

2. Ray Gianelli

Ray Gianelli Member

You can't host images here. You need an account with Photobucket or Flickr or the image hosting site of your choice and paste the img link in your post here

Papa Smurf likes this.
  3. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

A URL (uniform resource locator) is the internet address of an object like an image, or web page. The http:// you see in your browser's address bar above - that's a URL.

Before you can post an image here, you need to get the image posted somewhere on the internet. Put another way, you need some place to "host" your picture.

There are several places you can sign up for an account that allows free image posting. I have been use PhotoBucket for a few years now, and am very satisifed with it. It's free after all.

So what you need to do first is create an account at an image hosting service like PhotoBucket. Then you upload the image from your PC to the hosting service. It's very simple to do.

Once the image is uploaded, it's now publicly available. In Photobucket, under each image they will list the URL in several different formats. Board like TGP use something called IMG code for images. So you would click on the IMG field, and then paste that into a message.

Voila, your picture will appear in your message. The image is never really stored on TGP. Instead, TGP "looks up" the image on the image hosting service, and displays it that way.

Post back if you need more help.

4. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Rotten...

First and foremost you'll need to setup an account with an imagehost, I'm using photo bucket, you can find them here... http://www.photobucket.com

After which simply upload the pictures on to the image host, once that is done, there will be several options as to how you can share your pictures.

Copy the link which says "IMG Code" and just paste it in your post on TGP.

After which all of us can share the joy of your guitar pics, drool buckets optional!

Hope this helps! :D

5. sector9

sector9 Member

Let me try this, i never knew how to do it either.

[​IMG]

6. sector9

sector9 Member

Cool, that was easy! I used photobucket.

7. Rotten

Rotten Silver Supporting Member

Let's see if that worked: my R7 and R8.

[​IMG]

8. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

There you go! What a stunning pair !!!

9. buffbiff21

buffbiff21 Member

Well, you know how to use a semicolon, which IMO is quite respectable these days :dude

The others have been very informative, and you seem to be on your way, but I would recommend Imageshack. You don't even have to register for an account, and Imageshack is not limited by monthly bandwidth like Photobucket and many others are. I believe Imageshack goes by hourly bandwidth, or daily. What this means is that the more people view your image, you may exceed the monthly limit and then the picture will not show.

http://imageshack.us/

Nice Pauls, btw. I love Goldtops!