how do you remove a wah treadle?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jivepikinturkey, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jivepikinturkey

jivepikinturkey Member

i just bought a thomas organ crybaby and the treadle is real loose. the strap over the pin has room to be adjusted closer to the body, assumingly making the pedal tighter. how do you remove the pin, with a hammer and punch? how hard will it be to put back together getting the pin under the strap? better way?

also, it needs a rubber tread and bumpers/pads. i've got a newer crybaby to use for parts. can the tread be succesfully swapped by heating the tread with a heat gun. how about the bumpers? what type of glue to reinstall?

2. dosmun

dosmun Member

As far as the bumpers, go to your local hardware store and get some rubber grommets. You shouldn't have to remove the pin to tighten it up but if you must a punch and hammer will do the trick.

3. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

Make sure to hammer it out towards the splines on the axle or else you'll drag them through.

4. jivepikinturkey

jivepikinturkey Member

thanks guys, i'm done. it worked and it sounds nice, probably still gonna spring for an area 51 drop in board.