How do you "save" your pedal knob settings?

kartikg3

Getting into pedals and analog gear again after a long hiatus, to pair with my digital gear. Been spoilt by "presets" and "patches" in my digital gear to allow me to "save" knob settings. I would love to hear thoughts from folks here on your preferred methods to save pedal knob settings for analog gear! Digital? Google docs with photos? Post-it notes? Tapes? Sharpies?

henryjurstin13

Silver Supporting Member
Ultimately, learn those pedals & what the knobs do. I find it easier to just know what they do & what I like.... if I use the pedals enough, I typically have no problem remember how/where I like the knobs to be.

That being said, I've used Sharpie markers, masking tape, and drawing my settings on paper. Experiment & find what works for you....

RCM78

Getting into pedals and analog gear again after a long hiatus, to pair with my digital gear. Been spoilt by "presets" and "patches" in my digital gear to allow me to "save" knob settings. I would love to hear thoughts from folks here on your preferred methods to save pedal knob settings for analog gear! Digital? Google docs with photos? Post-it notes? Tapes? Sharpies?
I put O-Rings under the knobs. It's a Paul Gilbert trick.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
I use White Out mostly on dark colored pedals. That stuff stays put. I also use a Sharpie as well, on the lighter colored ones. Just a dot works.

I don't have time to remember everything live (and stuff can get bumped). Plus some pedals have double settings so I will use a red and black Sharpie for that, on each knob.

Short Tooth

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.23.49 AM.png

These mini stickers are great. I put one where the dial is - also you can have different colors around the dials for other configs. I use these on the back of my amp and match the color with tape on the cables so I know which cable goes into Send, or Return. You can also mark you ohm plug so you don't make any mistakes setting up.

I put them on the end of my power cables, especially if they are split from the power supply. So the power supply port is marked with the two colors that are split to the pedals, and those power end then have the appropriate color.

I find more uses for these every day.

OOOH! Last one for the Ernie Ball fans. I put a pink one on the back of the headstock for 9's and Green ones for 10's.

nastynate

If memory is not an option..... maybe a single piece of masking/gaff tape & write/draw on the tape. Above link looks like it would well too...
These were going to be my recommendation. They work pretty slick, and I haven't had any finish issues.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom