• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

How do you transport your Guitar Strap?

As the title asks, how do you transport your Guitar Strap? Do you put it in a separate bag?

The reason I ask is that I've been putting them in with my Guitar (still strapped to the bottom) and then fold the Strap over the headstock-
I stayed wondering the other day whether or not that might be putting undue stress on the neck-

What do you do?

biagio1957

Gold Supporting Member
C'mon! This is TGP. Our straps double as a belt upon which we attach an onion (as was the style back in the day).

String tension is pretty high, so I can't imagine having a strap attached as you describe would stress a neck. Having said that, I use a small canvas gym bag as a gig bag and they go in there.

The straps, not the onions.

Let’s meet up in Phoenix and play some rawk!
Silver Supporting Member
I keep an emergency guitar strap (standard issue Fender cloth strap) and a few rubber washers in the guitar case. My leather guitar straps are outfitted with Schaller Strap Locks and they go into my gig bag.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
Never left on the guitar. Either in the case pocket or gig bag pouch, rolled up. There have been instances of the dye in the leather strap reacting poorly with the guitar finish, mostly on Nitro Gibsons but Nitro finishes in general. I don't have any cloth straps.

Dr. Tinnitus

As the title asks, how do you transport your Guitar Strap? Do you put it in a separate bag?

The reason I ask is that I've been putting them in with my Guitar (still strapped to the bottom) and then fold the Strap over the headstock-
I stayed wondering the other day whether or not that might be putting undue stress on the neck-

What do you do?
Just find a place to tuck it away. In your guitar or pedal case, in the little cubby behind the amp etc.

You don't have to remove the strap when it goes in the case. Just try to push it away from the neck if you're worried about it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom