How Do You Use Your Klon

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ken, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Ken

Ken Member

1. Overdrive?

2. Boost?

3. Is it on all the time?

4. Where do you place the Klon in your effects chain?

5. What other OD pedals do you use with your Klon? Do they go before or after your Klon?

2. slacker

slacker Senior Member

Mainly as a light overdrive with a boost after for lead breaks. Main guitar is LP Classic and amps are 15w EL84 WEM or 10w Cornell 6L6 or EL84. Both are nmv at 6-8.

3. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I may give that a try! I've been using mine as a slightly dirty boost and then hitting it with other pedals for lead tones but I am intrigued by the thought of having a boost after the Klon and having that be a lead sound. I have a Fat Bastard coming in any day now from Scott at BMF Effects which is a silicon boost and that just might be the way to use that pedal.

4. shawntp

shawntp Member

I use mine all the time - always on - and I use the full range of drive.

Its a great boost if you want to start clean and I am in the camp that loves its overdrive range and tone just as much. It into my Carr Amp nails my full overdrive needs. Its so easy to roll that gain with your toe also. Klon kicked all my other overdrive pedals out and is the only pedal permanently on my floor right now.

5. hbentley

hbentley Member

i use it as a boost (gain all the way off). it's my last dirt pedal but comes before the mod/delays etc.

6. ck00g

ck00g Member

I leave mine on all the time. Not a lot of gain and set to give a nice boost. I have a Timmy in front of it that is also on all the time. The Timmy is set for a nice mild overdrive. I find that the combination of both gives me my standard overdrive tone that I'm pretty happy with.

7. m@2

m@2 Member

i leave it on all the time as well... last in my pedal chain. I adjust the gain and treble maybe once or twice a set (especially if I'm switching from LP to Tele). Fantastic Boost and OD. I use an eternity for OD, and several fuzz pedals (sunface, '69, big muff), and they all work well with the Klon.

8. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

I use it like a Rue to thicken Beef stew..

Just use it to fatten up my tone really, it adds lots of EQ boost all the way round, bass,mid, treble, from time to time I max out the gain and cascade it with a box of rock, sounds like a modded plexi, Its on all the time non the less though :)

9. slacker

slacker Senior Member

I use a EH Nano LPB1 or a V2 KOT. I prefer the EH in that application. :NUTS

10. jtw

jtw Member

Just getting back around to putting mine back on the gig board. I will run it as my last OD and before my delay, with a little bit of overdrive. Plan on goosing it with the COT50 that I just got. I hear this is a great combo. I'll probably leave the Klon on all the time as my basic tone, then use the COT50 for solos, etc.

I've also used the Klon in front of a Timmy to great effect as well in the past. This and my old orange Fulldrive are the two pedals that I'll absolutely never get rid of.

jtw

11. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

I use it after fuzz and before overdrive for a lead boost. My standard setting is; Gain 9:00, Treb 10-11:00, Vol 12-1:00. Sometimes I use different settings for recording...

12. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

I use it as a low drive boost (gain 10:00, tone 11:00, Gain 11:00).
    I have it after wah, fuzz, tuner, and flying dragon (transparent) boost, and before lots of other pedals.

I always have a menatone pedal on for light dynamic drive (as an "amp") feeding my clean amp.
    I use Klon for five things, almost always with single coils:
    - as a level two boost (meaning stacked with menatone) when I want that bluesy midrangey strat neck sound.
    - as a level three boost (meaning after menatone and either a zendrive or eternity) for higher gain.
    - as a strong drive with a king of the britains (marshall) or Kar Krash which don't need Zen or E because of how I set the gain.
    - as a fat warm boost when clean
    With humbuckers, I use the flying dragon for boost and pretty much avoid the Klon, unless I'm going into Marshall (king of the britians) or ar Krash.
    I am VERY happy with this rig and this way of playing.