How does Ceriatone do it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fierce_carrot, Feb 17, 2020.

1. wntbtw

wntbtw Member

That 'pitch fork' has been with me since 1973. I pretty well have it`s 'A' pitch/frequency memorized but it`s always close by! Right now it`s about 8" away from my keyboard!

2. Tricerapotamus

Tricerapotamus Member

Did you ask for extra coronavirus? ;)

3. fierce_carrot

fierce_carrot Member

I quit drinking 4 years ago so I am not worried about eh coronavirus!!!

macmax77 and teveinsene like this.
  4. EL84 Abuser

EL84 Abuser Silver Supporting Member

An international shipment via air will often times
    beat a US ground shipment.
    Single carton international air cargo is given high priority
    UPS or Fedex? You are just another brown box relatively speaking.

Nik and Ceriatone are the best btw!

Tomo El Gato and fierce_carrot like this.
  5. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

The reading comprehension on this forum is becoming a real problem.

fierce_carrot likes this.
  6. gtrbarbarian

gtrbarbarian Silver Supporting Member

I have a bunch of Nik's stuff. Along with other big name stuff. Nik's stuff is on point, meticulously built, and will easily outlive me.

wntbtw likes this.
  7. middy

middy Member

... also low labor costs.

8. eigentone

eigentone Supporting Member

A scene from NAD.

9. DeadLazy

DeadLazy Member

As I understand, a lower cost of living is making the biggest difference.

When I got my 50w Chupa from a store I frequent, the guy was familiar with Ceriatone and one major reason to move to Malaysia was being able to afford a home and living costs.

Software people do that sort of thing a lot.

I think, if that’s the case, it was a brilliant move. It also makes life interesting to make a major move like that.

If you’re living in California cost of labor and all that crap aside, you’re spending a ton more to own a home and buy lunch.

That’s what I was told. I don’t know what’s true. It made sense to me.

**As a musician I’ve thought about doing that. I travel anyway. I’m becoming more involved in having an online presence and not just using the net as an archive for your music.

Why not make a move like that myself. Why pay out so much to live when I need to travel anyway.

I’m still thinking about it. I’m using a Kemper and I’m happy enough with it I feel like I’m taking my amps with me. I had to do it to cut costs. I am new to Kemper but still intend to take my beloved tubes whenever I can.

Im exponentially more mobile and comfortable traveling when I can take my gear. Now that I can take my amp easily on the plane, with no need for a pedal board (will pack Fuzz and Wah that I’ve been putting in front of the Kemper) my stress level has gone down and I don’t get nearly as anxious about travel.

Yeah, I think about making a difficult transition like that myself.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  10. buzzard blues bird

buzzard blues bird Member

Because unlike what most people here in the U.S. think,your rights as a u.s. citizen don't travel with you if you move or buy a place in a foreign country. It cracks me up when my wife watches these real estate shows on tv that find beach homes for people who spend a million bucks like it's nothing in a foreign country,and I'm like '' you know,that foreign government can come in and take your **** whenever they want, good luck. And good luck with health care.

11. buzzard blues bird

buzzard blues bird Member

I wonder if nik can modify the coronovirus so it's not as harsh?I hear there's some cases in malaysia now. People from china took over the counter meds to lower they're fevers to pass through the screening and a whole lot went to malaysia. Spray your amps down with lysol and quarantine for 30 days!

12. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

Nik uses UPS WW Express service for 2 day delivery instead of a slower service. :aok
    By the way... you can get 1, 2 and 3 day domestic shipping if you don't want to wait up to several days for ground. :D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  13. middy

middy Member

Yeah, I was just goofin on Kyle B.

DeadLazy and Kyle B like this.
  14. Drifting '59

Drifting '59 Member

Hope to see you post on the Horse Breaker after you receive.
    I had been considering a Centura for a while when I saw the Horse Breaker.
    Demo Nik has sounds great!
    Big fan of the original Marshall BB pedal, have 3, bought before they got expensive lol.
    I should order direct from Nik from what I’m hearing.

ford and REDFIVE like this.
  15. ronmail65

ronmail65 Supporting Member

The UPS shipment from Wisconsin first went to their regional consolidation hub in San Diego, CA. And then to their global hub in Brussels for international sorting. Then, it went to their Western Hemisphere regional sorting facility in Brazil. After determining a US destination, their contractor that operates out of Malaysia processes all the packages in-house at a fraction of the cost of Western distribution centers before sending it to the North America Distribution Center in Toronto. Then after passing through US customs in just 48 hours it goes to the Wisconsin ground delivery center for the mid-Western US. And then it gets delivered to your local carrier in Iowa where it gets dropped off at the next door neighbor's house. The neighbor didn't care for your color choice, so they repackaged it and put it on your porch.

pdxken, Jabberwocky and fierce_carrot like this.
  16. pete12string

pete12string Supporting Member

On the demos I’ve listened to of the Marshall style Ceriatone amps, they seem to be kind of noisy. I can hear the buzz when people are playing low or when they stop playing. I’ve been interested in the JTM50 or the 45/100 but I’m concerned about the noise I hear. Has anybody else noticed this?

17. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

Nope. My JTM45 is dead quiet.

Tony-Cliffton and pete12string like this.
  18. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Like the Zonas Francas all over the world managed by American companies. Let's not be naive.

RAG7890, frisco and Jabberwocky like this.
  19. HeavyCream

HeavyCream Member

Man, I hope Ceriatone doesn’t end up with a 2 year waiting list.

FWIW, small USA/Euro based amp builders could do the same thing as Nik. They’d have to work their @ss off but they could do it. He doesn’t have the same margin on a per amp basis but makes up for it in quantity and staffs his operation appropriately to maintain quality. He’s playing the long game and is apparently doing a fine job at it.

20. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

My one gripe with Ceriatone is the shipping cost.

You guys in the US pay cheaper shipping rates and Perth is only down the road from Malaysia.