how does the cj11 compare to the edt13/29?

raildog

Is the cj11 the little brother to the edt 13/29? or closer to a 10/20? thank you,Scott

applescruffs

The EDT slayed the CJ in my opinion.

The CJ was a one dimensional fuzzy boxy little barking amp. It could never compete with a drummer.

The EDT is amazing. Has killer verb. Big cleans. Bigger tone. No fuzz. Easily competes with a drummer. The EDT is without question the best of the D13 line.

I hated the CJ.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
The CJ11 is my favorite %13. It does great tweed deluxe through blown speaker to singing overdrive. The box has a warm, reverby sound. It's the best deluxe style amp I've ever played.

The EDT seemed like a cool jazz amp that when pushed could achieve more of a singing feedback rock kind of tone. Cool, but not my thing. Too pretty and smooth sounding.

The 10/20 had a very Fender blackface type of tone going. More personality that the EDT, and it would be my choice for the coolest %13 after the CJ11.

SkydogFan81

Silver Supporting Member
The CJ11 is my favorite %13. It does great tweed deluxe through blown speaker to singing overdrive. The box has a warm, reverby sound. It's the best deluxe style amp I've ever played.

The EDT seemed like a cool jazz amp that when pushed could achieve more of a singing feedback rock kind of tone. Cool, but not my thing. Too pretty and smooth sounding.

The 10/20 had a very Fender blackface type of tone going. More personality that the EDT, and it would be my choice for the coolest %13 after the CJ11.

So are you saying that the EDT in Class A mode is not a nasty rockin amp?

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
So are you saying that the EDT in Class A mode is not a nasty rockin amp?

Nasty is not a word that comes to mind with the EDT, at least to my ear. Sweet saturation and super fat cleans are what I heard. It's probably the most beautiful sounding of the /13 line.

SkydogFan81

Silver Supporting Member
Nasty is not a word that comes to mind with the EDT, at least to my ear. Sweet saturation and super fat cleans are what I heard. It's probably the most beautiful sounding of the /13 line.

Cool, I should have mine in about a month:RoCkIn

Trending Topics

Top Bottom