1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How does the magicboy vibe stack up.....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HaloMaster, Sep 17, 2006.

1. HaloMaster

HaloMaster Silver Supporting Member

How does the magicboy vibe stack up against the other
    vibe units? I would like to get a vibe unit and have been looking at the mojo vibe. I just got a cot 50, and am really impressed with lovepedal. Is the magicboy one of the better vibes out there?

2. Oddos

Oddos Member

Well it`s not a "real" vibe, but it sounds pretty nice.

It`s cheap too.

3. badger6

badger6 Member

I got mine when I got my lilchina cot50 and I love mine.

4. HaloMaster

HaloMaster Silver Supporting Member

what do you mean its not a real vibe? Is the mojo vibe a real vibe? I just want that sweet swirly lush vibe sound that won't color my tone. I bought one of those line 6 roto-machines, and threw it out the window, it was horrible!!! Giant tone sucking monster!!!!

5. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Don't think you can put it up against a Uni-vibe or similar vibe but for the money it's a great little pedal that takes hardly any real estate on my board.
    I use it for Trower stuff like "Too Rolling Stoned" & it comes pretty close.
    Goes great with my COT50, Eternity & even my Timmy. Maybe closer to a phaser type tone at different settings but does the trick.

6. Oddos

Oddos Member

It`s different technology. I use it quite a bit though. It fits nicely in the gig bag, unlike most others.

7. dividedsky

dividedsky Supporting Member

I prefer it over "real" vibes like the Mojo Vibe...real vibes are too chorusy for me.

8. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

the magicboy covers all my bases, it will do "cold shot" by SRV, EVH phase stuff, and sounds convincing enough for me, depends how much you expect, and the applications you will use it in. i love mine very warm and easy to use.

9. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Yeah, I was really surprised how close I got to the "Aint Talkin' 'Bout Love" tone with it earlier today. I know it's pretty impossible to nail Eddie's earlier tone but with the Magic Boy into the COT50 into the Eternity into my JCM800, it was entering that territory for sure. Mind you, my amp was pretty max-ed too! :D

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

its definitely more a chorus'y kinda sounding vibe, than a true dry, lesile'ish kinda vibe. does a decent job, but i've been digging more my ultravibe and/or my BJF mint green vibe.