1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How does this combo of amps and guitars sound to you guys?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by riffy, Oct 22, 2005.

1. riffy

riffy Member

Marshall JCM800 + Kramer combo sound on rhythm with the SLO + Esquire for lead sound. I eq'ed the amp really dark so the Esquire would not be too bright and cutting sounding this time.

Would love to know how you guys think it sounds.
    Combo of Guitars and Amps clip

2. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

I dont hear anything "BAD" and you seem to be a fine player -

but there is a little TOO MUCH going on to hear parts clearly. I'd lay ONE rhythm track and one solo track and PAN em so they seem seperated - then ask about tone

my .002

3. riffy

riffy Member

Thanks Dan!
    I was hoping it was pretty clear. I doubled the rhythm tracks and panned the 75% left and right. I recorded them in mono. The lead track I recorded in stereo with a bit of delay on it. The bass I left down the center with the drums... Dang it! I don't think I can make it sound much clearer without really upping the treble quotient on the rhythm guitars...lol
    I really thank you for taking your time to listen and comment though!
    Gary:dude :JAM

4. Mehanov

Mehanov Member

Hi Drizzt! To be honest I like only the lead part.The lead part sounds great to me , thick and soulful ... great very nice tone , but the rhythm parts are very separated and the left rhythm part are very bassy and dark. There is too much diffrences between two rhythm parts.I suggest you, remove the right rhythm guitar and doubled the left guitar in the right. Also change the dark sound with more bright without too much gain.
    I wish You success!!!!

Rosen :)

5. riffy

riffy Member

Hi Rosen!
    Thank you so much for taking your time and efforts to comment!
    I really appreciate your kind comments about the lead tones!
    I will try what you say for the rhythm parts in my next clips. I am
    appreciative of your opinion!

Gary

6. Mehanov

Mehanov Member

Hi Gary! You welcome everitime!

7. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

I KNEW it wasy you as soon as it started playing! :D

8. riffy

riffy Member

This is bad, different boards, different names and I am still busted...roflmao
    Thanks for listening Bob!

Gary