How Gulllible are you?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by PosterBoy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. PosterBoy

PosterBoy Member

2. The Scrutinizer

The Scrutinizer Active Member

Hmmm, i made it through about a minute. Not really my bag

3. PosterBoy

PosterBoy Member

I don't think it will be many people's bag on here

4. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

I ca'nt watch it here at work. THe sound on my computer is down. What did she lie about?

5. PosterBoy

PosterBoy Member

The roles in the whole album making process, it's like a huge Avril is so talented and can do everything. Obviously I've no proof but.........

6. arthur rotfeld

arthur rotfeld Member

She doesn't know what A&R is. OK. I made it until she spoke of "Partying in the studio."
    That's all I need to hear. Yeah I'm sure Zep and the Stones made the studio a hang and partied, but still......

I do like Avril OK, but I think she's in that camp that believes that if she wrote the lyric she wrote the song. I haven't heard the new stuff, but the older hits have 50yr old songwriter written all over them. The bridges and structures are the give away.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  7. PosterBoy

PosterBoy Member

It's the fact that she pretty much co-writes with whoever happened to produce the song, which to my cynical mind means she pretty much went in there and 98% of the track was complete. A friend who was a music lawyer enlightened me how a lot of the co-writing stuff works with artists like her, a few years ago.

I think the songs are great for pop rock stuff, but the credit has to go to Butch Walker, Luke Gottswald etc

I've said it before but I'd love to spend a year learning from Luke Gottswald.