• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How Gulllible are you?

PosterBoy

The roles in the whole album making process, it's like a huge Avril is so talented and can do everything. Obviously I've no proof but.........

She doesn't know what A&R is. OK. I made it until she spoke of "Partying in the studio."
That's all I need to hear. Yeah I'm sure Zep and the Stones made the studio a hang and partied, but still......

I do like Avril OK, but I think she's in that camp that believes that if she wrote the lyric she wrote the song. I haven't heard the new stuff, but the older hits have 50yr old songwriter written all over them. The bridges and structures are the give away.

Last edited:

PosterBoy

It's the fact that she pretty much co-writes with whoever happened to produce the song, which to my cynical mind means she pretty much went in there and 98% of the track was complete. A friend who was a music lawyer enlightened me how a lot of the co-writing stuff works with artists like her, a few years ago.

I think the songs are great for pop rock stuff, but the credit has to go to Butch Walker, Luke Gottswald etc

I've said it before but I'd love to spend a year learning from Luke Gottswald.