How happy are you currently with your drive pedals?

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Minibone fuzz
Timmy
Bogner Blue

These are the best drive pedals I've ever had. 10 years ago I wouldn't have believed how good my current rig sounds.

I have a soul food on backorder because I want to use it as a dedicated boost. And as much as I love the Bogner Blue his new La Grange looks like it may be even better for my rig so its on my radar.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
New amp always means new pedals... But for this time I think it means a return of the Barber Gain Changer to my board to go with the Keeley BD2 I am already using along with the 2nd channel of my new Mini Rec. I don't think I need anything else with these pairings.

crambone

LGW (high gain) and Walrus Voyager (low gain), never stacked. I also have an EP Booster that I will use from time to time to bump up my dirt.

Yes, I am very happy with my section. I kicked off a BD-2 (still a solid pedal) and an SL Drive (traded it away) so that was the extent of my experimentation.

slap_back05

Extremely. So much so that I'm selling all my "rotation" dirt pedals.

FenderBigot is right though. Get settled down with your amp(s) before committing yourself to pedals.

thecornman

I have got about twenty dirt pedals to choose from and am happy with all of them! There isn't much I can not dial in to get a good sound out of. I just buy more for varity and because I can.

LJD

Lovepedal amp eleven, and a AM Silver TS... I'm set. I don't need em, but I want the Catalinbread Formula 5 and 5f6, maybe for a mini board...

Silver Hand

VERY pleased! I'm running two amps at the same time.

Mesa Tremoverb - clean channel + Akai G-drive (clean and low gain), then modern channel (high gain)
Fender Bassman 4x10 - Zvex Distortron (high gain) and Zvex Box of Rock (very low gain)

Between the 5 options and any combination of them across 2 amps, I'm pretty well covered!

etc

I'm stoked to have an OCD back on my board. It just works with my setup and is inspiring to me. I tried a few other more expensive pedals, but the OCD is back for good.

Madison

Very happy with my PoT, and warming up to the Wiz mini-D. I have both on the board. I'm on the list for the Oddfellow Caveman, so we'll see how that plays out whenever it gets here.

TC Nova Drive
Wampler Triple Wreck
Wampler Leviathan Fuzz
MXR CAE MC401

Very happy, covers a LOT of territory, from transparent v slight boost to full on metal.

Still got a Rat as backup, but will be keeping the above setup for a LLONG time I think!

mikeller

Delighted - on board

Barber Small Fry
Suhr Riot
and amp distortion.

not currently using but very happy with:
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe

Wouldn't mind picking a light OD if I could find something "mini" size

anominous

Mesa Flux - nice all around OD
Soul Food - best use is for solo boost
Timmy - use it more to compress/toneshape upstream OD

Mesa Bottle Rocket en route from Emporium ... might flip my flux if it works out. Might flip the SF too, but it's such <$ as it is.

but ALWAYS looking!!! :crazy

Birddog

I've had a OCD (v4) and BD-2 (stock) on my cover band board for several years. On my shelf, I still have a bunch of pedals that have come and gone and occasionally come back to record something specific, but those 2 have stood the test of time for a great variety of rock, blues, and the occasional country or funk song.

At this point, those 2 pedals through my Fender Twin RI or (gasp) my Marshall Haze's clean channel, do just about everything I need.

Right now, I'm also sporting a Satchurator, but I could easily lose it in favor of diming the gain on my OCD -- but I'm going to keep it on the board a while longer. It was a gift.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
I recently picked up a Skreddy SDMD and stopped caring about OD pedals...

Except for that Crazy Horse I just bought!!!

Excluding fuzzes, I've got:
T Jauerning Gristle King
Fulltone Plimsoul
Barber Dirty Bomb
Skreddy Screwdriver Mini Dlx
Codtone Supro

These are on separate boards, but I'm pretty happy. There's not much I can't do with this crew.

completely thrilled with:

EQD Sound Shank
SUF '71 Triangle
Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver
PCE Aluminum Falcon 1
Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe

ThePenwellCrash

Gold Supporting Member
Used to add or change a dirt pedal every month. Sometimes more often. Went through most of the "flavor of the month" pedals.

Now it's AnalogMan Sunlion and King of Tone. Nothing more, nothing less. Haven't changed my drive selection in >2 years.

-AK

Been happy with a RAT for years.

Just bought an ehx glove and have been enjoying that quite a bit.

Long story short, I'm not chasing dirt pedals. They all sound so similar.

Trending Topics