How hard would it be to mod a ReezaFRATzitz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Lution, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Lution

Lution Member

for less Bass output. I love the sound of the Reeza, but it just had to much low-end and my Blackbird didn't like that at all so I had to let it go.

How hard would it be to add a bass-cut switch or a knob to control it?

Anyone ever try it on this pedal?
    Do you think Emma could or would do this?

Thanks

-Lution

2. gulliver

gulliver Member

You could try contacting the builder and asking what caps effect the bass. He may have some recommendations for changing values.

3. Lution

Lution Member

I just sent them an email. We'll see what they say.

Has anyone else done a mod like this for the Reeza?

4. what?

what? Member

I think they've got goop inside that cover all the parts inside. I dont know if you can take it out?

5. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Haven't had that mod done, but I did have Jan over at EMMA make a True Bypass Reeza for me. Very accomodating and friendly. Given the goop on the inside, I'm thinking that he can build a new one to your specs, but doubtful that he will be able to 'mod' yours.

-Ben

6. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

I had one and used with it a strat, plugged into an Aiken Invader.

While I didn't have problem with it having too much low end, here's a suggestion for you:

Try to mate a clean boost type pedal with low/hi eq (eg: Tim, RC booster) either infront or after it and tweak the low eq on the boost pedal to fine tune the low end.

I tried this method with some other gain pedals and it usually works. I didn't try it with the Emma as I didn't need to at the time.

YOu don't need to go thru the hassel of modding it plus you get one more pedal to play with.:p

7. Lution

Lution Member

Hey Ben. I remember talking with you, regarding the lack of True bypass, here when I was about to buy one. I ended up selling it because of the huge bass response of the pedal, it just didn't sound good with my Fargen Blackbird.

How much did Jan charge you for the TB Reeza and how much time did it take?

Thanks.

8. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I'm not at home, but I want to say the price was $250 shipped straight from... ummm... Denmark I think. Price was kinda sorta not an object at that point thought because the Reeza did everything I wanted, and having the TB was going to make it ideal for me. Although, now I'm in a honeymoon phase with the new MI Audio Tube Zone. But the Reeza isn't going to be sold; it's been such a mainstay, and with good reason, I don't want to loose it. I know it will be rotated back into the fold in time.

Time... I want to say 2 months from when I did the bank transfer to them. But that was longer than usual- mainly because Jan's daughter (don't quote me) went through some accident where she broke her arm and such, so he was out / not working on pedal building for a while - and understandably so!

Hope this helps,

-Ben

(oh yes, and along the lines of what RvChevron was saying- boosting the Reeza with an Eternity set for a bit of treble boost and medium gain is very, very cool)

9. Lution

Lution Member

Thanks Ben, and Chevron for the info.

10. Lution

Lution Member

GREAT NEWS FROM EMMA

Here is the reply I got from Jan regarding the Bass mod for the ReezaFRATzits.

Dear Lution,
    It's our plan to have a new version of the ReezaFRATzitz out by the end of this year that internally will have some switches that will allow you to do the changes that you are talking about. Right now we don't have time for any customized pedals, I'm sorry.
    Kind regards
    Jan Behncke

I'll be all over this pedal when it comes out. :dude

11. JPenn

JPenn Member

I'll have to check it out when it's released. I really liked the Reeza, other than too much lowend.

12. Lution

Lution Member

yep, same here. That's the only thing that made me let it go. It was really organic distortion. Reminded me a little of Bogner.

13. sssmile

sssmile Member

how are you guys getting a hold of emma? I emailed them 2 months ago with no response? also is the new version gonna have the adjustments so you can make it less scooped, therefore cut through a bit more in a band setting?

14. Lution

Lution Member

go here: http://www.emmaelectronic.com/v2/index.php?sid=21&1154537518

I'm not sure, Jan only replied saying the new version will have internal switches, so it sounds like it will be a couple of options. If you find out more, let us know.

btw, it looks like EMMA just released a booster/overdrive pedal. http://www.emmaelectronic.com/v2/index.php?sid=17&1154537712

15. AL30

AL30 Member

Decreasing the input cap will block lower frequencies in your pedal.

AL