1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

how heavy is your pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by boog204, Feb 15, 2006.

1. boog204

boog204 Member

i just put my new board together. i bought a tmcases pb 3 (the dual board one) and went nuts buying 8 pedals in the last two weeks to fill it up (i'm sick). anyway, i just got finish throwing it all together and it weighs a ton! with everything cased up it has to be at least 70-80 pounds. my lazy ass is already having second thoughts about my pedal madness. how much does your board weigh?

2. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

Lol! I know the feeling. I just built this one:

[​IMG]

It weighs 38 lbs. with the lid attached. If I add any more pedals I'm also adding a set of cheap swivel casters. I found a set at the hardware store that cost $12 and are rated at 60 lbs.

3. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Mine weighs so much, that I debate bringing it alot. It's a NGM Board with about 12 pedals and a switcher on it. I swear it weighs 100lbs...

4. jbird327

jbird327 Member

I ended up using two smaller boards, that I still can't carry due to a bad back....I may actually try using 3 of the smallest Pedaltrain boards so I can carry them around.

5. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

That's why I have no interest in a road cased pedalboard. My RockOn board is nice and light with a gig bag that adequately protects for my purposes with minimal weight.

6. sonaboy

sonaboy Member

i save myself a bit of weight by using an aluminum case, instead of a wood case.

here's my layout, and this only weighs about 24 lbs.

Voodoo Labs PP2 (also a big weight saver, if you think about it)
    Zoom ultra fuzz
    Boss DD5
    Line 6 tap trem
    Akai Headrush
    Line 6 DL4
    Effector 13 No Fi
    Boss TU2

i use a 32" x 22" Warwick RockCase - spring loaded handle, pretty thick velcro inside, big fat rubber feet and very sturdy.

7. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

80lbs......

ngm case. w/ wheels, its not bad. w/out, its a pain in the ass.

8. KustietheKlown

KustietheKlown Member

NGM w/ wheels, probably around 200. Rolls on its side.

9. HHB

HHB Member

10. erksin

erksin Member

Not much, nine pedals and a RockOn board - around 20lbs...

11. UnderTheGroove

UnderTheGroove Supporting Member

Mine is an NGM. I've never weighed it, but I would guess it at about 50 pounds.

12. ned911

ned911 Member

This is why I went with a PedalTrain. I can also put a FX-1, Strobo and wah on the board at some point.

Current config is : Vox Wah, strobo, OD808, Silver LTD, GE7, OCD, switcher, MM-4 and DD-3. Doesn't weigh that much.

13. jaymeister

jaymeister Member

My board used to weigh 80lbs, but now I have transferred that weight to my 6 space rack. I have a 12"x 35" board now that I have in a small padded keyboard bag that weighs about 30lbs max.