• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How important is pedal COLOUR to you?

Color isn't that important to me (though I tend to prefer black, silver, gray). I'm more concerned with ugly graphics.

I’m trying to work out if you are posting these as examples of ugly graphics, or examples of acceptable graphics.

My take is that they are all fine as standalone graphics, but the Digitech and Catalinbread designs are really hard to fit in with anything else because they use three strong colours that contrast with each other. The OBNE also has three colours, but two are related shades, and all of them are more muted, so it should be a bit easier to accommodate. Gotta have another purple pedal you can stick it next to, surely?

Meriphew

I’m trying to work out if you are posting these as examples of ugly graphics, or examples of acceptable graphics.

My take is that they are all fine as standalone graphics, but the Digitech and Catalinbread designs are really hard to fit in with anything else because they use three strong colours that contrast with each other. The OBNE also has three colours, but two are related shades, and all of them are more muted, so it should be a bit easier to accommodate. Gotta have another purple pedal you can stick it next to, surely?
Definitely hideous. They also make it difficult to read knob settings.

It is important to me. I want my board to look the best it can in addition to sounding the best it can. The fact is that a mismatched or color-imbalanced board will affect my mood and perception of what I’m playing through it.

I’m not justifying it, it’s definitely a mental block that I’m unable to overcome… but admitting you have a problem is the first step right? haha/sob sob

JB6464

Silver Supporting Member
It is important to me. I want my board to look the best it can in addition to sounding the best it can. The fact is that a mismatched or color-imbalanced board will affect my mood and perception of what I’m playing through it.

I’m not justifying it, it’s definitely a mental block that I’m unable to overcome… but admitting you have a problem is the first step right? haha/sob sob

What does the Reveal pedal do ?

BeeBaa

I can see hating a color or hating a graphic design enough that you wouldn't ever want to see it. My logical side is repelled by that idea, but I can see it nonetheless.

Where I draw the line (just me - to each their own...) is this idea of color coordinated pedalboards, etc. It seems absurd to me, like choosing a cancer doctor based on how many syllables he has in his last name instead of his skill as a doctor.
I’ll have you know that Dr. Harbingertosen is the best five-syllable doctor in the business. Even better than some four-syllables. Though admittedly not many.

BeeBaa

I think part of what draws me to pedal collecting is that pedals are colorful and fun, like candy — expensive, tone-enhancing candy.

Pedal color’s not a dealbreaker for me, but I do kinda like it when my board looks like a gumball machine.

In a sense I'm rather flexible about these things. Most of my pedals being WHE and T-Rex they're rather large and colourful, but then the colour of each provides me with a feeling of reassurance. The Pork Loin is transparent purple and the Reptile is opaque orange... looking at them it feels good knowing what they are and that they're there.

Then I actutually appreciate getting the Black edition Fat Sandwhich over the yellow/ standard one. Looks smarter and quite understated. But then I wouldn't have been bothered about having a yellow one

Spider Mark

My dirt chain is (currently) all Spaceman. I think the Nebula is silver-face, and I may have a Sparkle of something as well.

Cerpin Taxt

Not because it didnt sound good, but because I fell inlove with my Boss CS2 again and cant have them on the same pedalboard..
2 blue boss pedals with 3 knobs? I cant do that.
This is basically me. I have a big board so two similar colors is ok but they just can't be too close to each other. Like, at all.

Oddly, I don't like when companies give color options for their pedals.
Agree. The color is part of the pedal's "identity" to me. That's probably Boss's brainwashing of me, but it is what it is.

They're all bold as love ... Just ask the Axis.
He knows everything

soundxplorer

Silver Supporting Member
Color isn't that important to me (though I tend to prefer black, silver, gray). I'm more concerned with ugly graphics.

I really wanted to buy the OBNE Visitor but I simply could not get past that graphic. He looks like some creeper in the hedges waiting to jump out and assault someone. WTF.
Maybe I have a thing about faces, because I also could not stand any of the 17 different versions of the Walrus Julia chorus with the lady's face on it.
Yet animals are OK for me. The OBNE Haunt...the wolves are just fine...pretty cool actually.

Both color and graphics are important to me.
I used to have a favorite drive pedal in Surf Green, and I built a board that required it to be in between two bright red pedals. Couldn't stand it, just looked horrible. Luckily that drive pedal came in many colors, so I traded it for a more neutral black. These things shouldn't matter. But I totally understand and relate to those who are bothered by it.

Tdog

The sound is what matters. But after the board is set up, I do like it better when it's pretty

Silent Sound

It matters not to me. And if it did, I'd paint it or rehouse it before I got rid of it because of the way it looked.

Finding pedals that I can jive with the sound of is the hard part. The rest, I will make work somehow.

chanley

Gold Supporting Member
I like pretty things. Color certainly comes into play a little bit for me. It's not the main thing, but I like a cool graphic.
On the other side of the coin, I just saw that you can order a KOT in a plain/unpainted case. apparently to help prevent theft, (ie: gigging musicians getting their KOT's stolen off their boards). Thought that was kind of cool!

weedzzz

Makes no difference to me in the sense I wouldn’t sell a pedal I liked or not buy one

If I had a choice of the same pedal but in different colours, then obviously I would make a decision based on what I prefer.

that said, I never liked the look of my germanium big muff but I love the sound of it so I don’t care too much. Maybe one day I might re-decorate it.

HomeInMyShoes

Not much, but given the number of options out there I can choose not to have ugly things with infantilely stupid names and still get great gear.

Trending Topics