How is a Ghetto Stomp with a Les Paul?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratcat54, Dec 16, 2009.

1. stratcat54

stratcat54 Member

Advise please all you GS fans out there.

2. stratcat54

stratcat54 Member

No one here uses a Greer Ghetto Stomp with a Les Paul? All the video demos are with Teles.

3. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

I deme'd one with P-90s while on tour in GA. It was WAY too dark for me. It does have the sag but it just sounded like a super low gain fuzz to me. I could see why people with low gain single coils would like it.

4. corbs

corbs Supporting Member

I have to seriously cut the bass on the amp and the bass contour (reverend) for the ghetto to not have a crazy bottom. This is through P-90's and 'buckers.

With my (don't laugh..it's actually not that bad...) HM Strat Beater, it's killer. I love the voicing of the pedal, but it seems to be designed for what imguitardan said, low gain s-coils.

5. stratcat54

stratcat54 Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm mostly a strat guy anyway,but I love my '59 replica Paul too.

6. Muzzy

Muzzy Supporting Member

The ghetto stomp has some serious low end but, works well with a strat.

7. magnus02

magnus02 Member

haven't tried it with my les paul bc i just got a stevens slant (strat) and the paul is totally ignored. i'll try to hook it up and report back. but yea lots of low end but i have a somewhat bright amp so i actually love it for that fact.

8. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

It's great with a Les Paul! The Ghetto has lots of ass but there's also enough sparkle to get the notes jumping. It's the jump blues pedal to own.

9. straightblues

straightblues Member

I have one and play it with all kinds of guitars. If you are going to use a les paul with it you will need a brighter amp. When I run it with my Fender Deluxe, I turn down the bass and up the trebles and it sound really good with a Les Paul.

10. stratcat54

stratcat54 Member

I play thru a silverface princeton reverb and a bogner alchemist, so I should be fine with this pedal.

11. Nick Greer

Nick Greer Member

I play mine with a Les Paul quite often...plenty bright, even with dark amps...just ride the tone control higher. Big Mike just posted a vid of one with a Les Paul in one of the Greer demo threads. That should answer your questions.

Nick G

12. Casey

Casey Member

13. spookyelectric

spookyelectric Supporting Member

I just got a Toucan Sam Ghetto Stomp yesterday and it's so farty, ratty and raw-- I love it. I played it with a tele with a PAF humbucker in the bridge and it sounds really good. I'm anxious to hear what it sounds like with a P90 in the bridge of this guitar-- should have tons of character!

14. stratcat54

stratcat54 Member

Mine arrived yesterday and now that i've spent some time with it I have to say I really dig it. It definately cops the old valco and tweed ratty blues tone to a tee. It works with my les paul with the amps set up a little brighter than usual.It kills with my strats,touch sensitive and good clean up. Low gain settings sound full and authentic as well. Cool pedal!Thanks again to Big Mike and Nick Greer and everyone else for their help.