How is the quality with the

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cisspcism, Sep 13, 2008.

1. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

Marshall plexi reissues and JTM45 reissues? Or should I stay away from the korg offspring :)

2. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

I love my plexi reissue. My good friend has the JTM 45 reissue and he's gigged with it for about two years. At medium volume the plexi and the 45 sound fairly similar except the 45 is smoother. They both take pedals very well.

3. slambango

slambango Active Member

I passed on them. For the price they blow chunks, to put it mildly. I can't imagine why anyone would buy one considering what Ceriatone is putting out these days.

4. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Two rather different reviews...

How about Plexi mode on your XTC Cisspcism? :p

5. CthonicEwes

CthonicEwes Member

I think the quality is fine. The sound, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired IMHO....

6. mkymws

mkymws Member

I don't know about stock, but my Bray modded plexi ROCKS. :cool:

7. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

The plexi on the bogner is awesome sounding. I just thought it might be cool to get one of the Marshalls

8. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

quality-wise, they're better than the other non-handwired marshalls.

flying-lead construction and chassis mounted tube sockets. on par with pcb JMPs and early 800s.

9. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

Absolutely right. Newer Marshalls like the TSL, DSL, and Vintage/Modern won't even turn my head anymore. Check the inside of a TSL. It looks like a Sprint telecommunications network. The plexi reissue has minimal circuitry, little more than tubes and transformers. I paid $800 for mine on ebay and had it fitted with KT88s. I like it better than my buddy's vintage JCM800. Most of my friends use DeVilles, Peavey Classics, and 5150s. Those amps can't touch my Marshall. I'm sure that Germino, Metropoulos, Ceriatone and other boutiquers are excellent in quality and I may buy one someday. But I don't know anybody who uses one, and I've never actually seen one.
    :band

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  10. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

stay away, get a Germino Classic 45 and you're done. Tonally and construction wise this thing is better than vintage, and certainly way better than the Marshall JTM45 reissues.