How long do Keeley 808 mods take?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tricerimotor, Feb 12, 2008.

1. tricerimotor

tricerimotor Member

If I sent him one today, how long would it be before I got it back? Thanks all.

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

usually its inside a week. 3-5 days i think is what he says on his site.

3. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

shipping there is usually 3 days with USPS, 1-2 days for the mods/service, and 3 days back.

4. tricerimotor

tricerimotor Member

Thanks Jon. Would you recommend doing the mod yourself to a medium solder skilled human?

5. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

They are really fast.

6. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

if you can hold a solder and get in and out quick with the heat. . . you can do it. solder-sucking is sort of an art, if you ask me. i can't actually hold a solder because of tremors in my hands. .. so the dough they charge is just fine with me. i've learned that my mate is very handy with the gun, but i have to wait for him to come around and be in the mood. i charge 50 bucks and hour for guitar lessons. . . and getting ME to do it would look super-sloppy and take MORE than an hour. . . so it's worth it to ME to pay someone ELSE to do it.

the SILVER mod that AM does would take me FOREVER. . . let alone tracking down those parts. . . and trying to fit those huge, i mean HUGE caps in there. 75 bucks is steep on that one. . . if I had to do it again, i'd find one used. . . but I'd do it again. . . if someone ELSE could do it for me.

hope that helps. . .

7. tricerimotor

tricerimotor Member

Yeah, that totally helps. I think I'll send it off since there is a good chance I'll mod the Turbo and it requires much more work.
    I have both the ts-9 and the turbo, it just seemed I'd have more options with the 4 modes for the turbo. Anyone have experience with the difference? Of course I could very well end up doing both.
    Thanks to all.