How long have you been playing your Number 1?

JagFan

It's just occurred to me that this month I will have been playing my CIJ Jaguar for 13 years and in all that time nothing has come close to replacing it and I can't see anything that has the potential to either.

It's had a couple of new bridges and I've tried various pickups but that's only because I'm a tweaker at heart.

Admittedly some of my favourite guitarists and biggest musical influences play jags so that helps keep my interest but even if that wasn't the case it just fits me like a glove.

So, how long has your Number 1 been at the top spot?

Last edited:

G.Ham

1984 Strings and Things Custom Excalibur .... bought it when S&T closed their store, so 2007?

Bob T.

Two months - Les Paul Studio Faded with 57' Classics. I played my strat for about five years before that, but I'm finding the tones I want in the Les Paul for now.

Ask me a year from now, and I'll be sure to give you a different answer.

Lotis

Gold Supporting Member
Acoustic 40 years....an early 30's Mayflower OM and Electric 39 years Hamer Special highly modified.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
My number one is a 1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst. I bought it new in March 1980. It will be 37 years on St. Patrick's Day!

BlueHeaven

Only about a month but the #1 status is because it checks every box for a guitar w/humbuckers...EBMM Stingray.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
About one and a half years. It's on the left:

I have/like to cover a lot of sounds, so I also have favorites among guitars with single coils, basses, etc -- but that^^^ guitar became my #1 rather quickly and nothing's shaken its position since. I even picked up two more of the same model; the one on the left is still my favorite :D

Last edited:

Zexcoil

Vendor
Approaching 30 years.

Early/mid 80's Tokai AST-62 that I bought new in, I don't even remember for sure, probably '87-88.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom