How long is govt mule concert this tour

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by GLB98, Feb 23, 2015.

1. GLB98

GLB98 Member

Does anyone know how long they play / number of sets on this tour with Scofield? 2 hrs, 3 hrs?

2. russintexas

russintexas Member

3. Wibcs39

Wibcs39 Member

Facebook setlists indicate two full sets with an encore. I would imagine they are around 2.5 hours total but not sure. Sco is playing about half the full show with mule, and is showing up in both sets.

4. GuitarPlaynTaylor

GuitarPlaynTaylor Member

Oakland show last from about 8:10 to 11:00 the other night... with about a half house break in the middle

5. GLB98

GLB98 Member

Cool, thanks very much guys.

6. mmkco

mmkco Member

I can't wait until tomorrow night to find out! My first time seeing them live and I have not looked forward to a show this much in a long time!!

7. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Supporting Member

Looks like lots of jamming some of the sets only have 6-7 songs in them.

I personally don't get why Sco is coming out for half of both sets. I can see doing the first set without him or like the first few songs of the first set without out him but then bring him out and have him play on everything else.

8. mmkco

mmkco Member

It was a really good show. My first time seeing the Mule. They played about 2.5 hours with about a 1/2 hour break in between sets. It was awesome getting some Allman riffs weaving in and out of "I'll be the one" and it was also combined with "You Can't always get what you want." John Scofield makes some of the best Guitar faces I have ever seen. Here is a link to the setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/govt-mule/2015/ogden-theatre-denver-co-43ca47db.html

9. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

It was a great show. Glad they finally got the muddy sound fixed for the second set. I dug the little feat song a bunch... The last song, not so much. I very much enjoyed John's playing... A nice addition and variation form the expected playing of Warren.

10. GLB98

GLB98 Member

I'll be seeing them in Charlottesville VA on Mar 6. I haven't seen Govt Mule before, nor Scofield for that matter. Can't wait.

11. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

no kidding, right?
    17 songs = 2.5 hours
    yowza!

12. Two-Octave

Two-Octave Member

13. Nebakanezer

Nebakanezer Silver Supporting Member

In a geographical anomaly, 2 weeks from everywhere
    I'll be there as well! Warren is a favorite of mine, I first saw the Mule open for the Black Crowes in '96 and this will be my 4th time seeing them. Got to see the Warren Haynes Band a few years ago too. As well as a few Allman shows. The goal is to make it to Christmas Jam one year.

Really digging to Sco-Mule and Shout CDs right now. I thought the Dark Side of the Mule was great, but just not something to play in regular intervals.