• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

How long should it take an online company to respond?

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
I ordered a Sire Larry Carlton S7 and received it this past Thursday. Was very excited based on the glowing reviews. Pulled it from the box and immediately noticed one side of the flame top was was much darker. Downer! Then I noticed there were several small scratches and a small hole on the top of the upper forward bout. Really bad. Something that couldn’t have been missed, even on a cursory inspection. Other small stuff too, but insignificant since it was going to need to go back regardless.

I called the dealer and was told to submit an email and pictures of the damage, which I did immediately. No response that day (called them ~ 2:00 pm their time). I sent a follow up email the following day; no response. So I called again and got a recording directing to send email for issues or technical assistance. This call was also early afternoon and during normal business hours.

They’re closed weekends and Monday is a holiday so best case scenario is I hear from them on Tuesday. I’m extremely disappointed. Primarily with what they sent me, but also with their slow response time.

Am I being too impatient? Because what I’d really like to do is expose them, but not sure if this violates site rules or if it’s too soon.

Tim Plains

There is still a pandemic going on and many places still have minimal staffing levels. I would give them until Wednesday, then on Wednesday, email them one last time stating you will file a dispute with your credit card.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I can't speak for the dealer in question but I do know lots of retailers around here have people furloughed, operating on limited hours and losing whatever staff they do have to quarantining for symptoms / exposure to prior with symptoms. It may be someone was dealing with it but they've not been in a couple of days and no one else has picked it up - certainly frustrating and not ideal, but it is a tough time to be in retail so I'd possibly give a little leeway.

What I would say, from years of working in retail, is send another email if that's what the answerphone says but but keep trying on the phone until someone picks up - if they are snowed under and under staffed, getting them on the phone is the best way to have their attention.

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the feedback.. I’ll give them until COB Wednesday (Only takes a minute to say got your email) and then turn it over to my bank.

Ryan x Decent

Expose them! Unleash the mighty wrath of the 12 people that will read this thread! Do not let them get away with such lax response to customer service emails.

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
Expose them! Unleash the mighty wrath of the 12 people that will read this thread! Do not let them get away with such lax response to customer service emails.
Thank for your thoughtful response derailing my thread. If you had received a guitar in the condition of mine you might feel differently. We’ll see how they respond. One person being aware would be enough.

Trending Topics