How many amps do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmx

Some people keep their old amp when they buy a new one, while others trade. I've noticed that quite a few people on this forum have a nice collection of amps. To the collectors out there, I have a few questions:

1. How many amps do you currently own...how many have you previously owned?
2. For the style of music you play, can one amp do it all? Or do you need a few different ones to mix and match?
3. How much do you spend on amps compared to the rest of your gear?

5 Heads (including the D'Lite that's not pictured), 3 cabs, 2 combos. Because I put together most of my guitars, I spend a lot more on the amps. I could play what I need to play with a couple of these, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun!;)

pula58

Gold Supporting Member
four amps

Fargen Blackbird 30
Princeton Reverb
Vibrolux Reverb (not the "custom")
Rivera Chubster

I tend to pay more attention to amps than guitars or effects. A great amp with a so-so guitar can sound great. But, a great guitar through a so-so amp...not so great!

P.

Last edited:

pula58

Gold Supporting Member
Hey "Mikey likes it,"
I have my Princeton reverb in a head right now too. It is a little monster through an external cab, ins't it!!

P.

cottoneyedjoe

Let's see....

1993 Rivera M-60
2007 Boogie 5:25
2007 Fender Super Champ XD
1975 Fender Vibrolux
1986 Marshall JCM 800

The Rivera was my "do it all" amp, but the Boogie is quickly becoming the "do it all". I have a pretty substantial pedalboard that caters to all the tones the amp won't pull. I sometimes just use the clean channel and drive everything through it.

That is it.... I need more....

clothwiring

1. How many amps do you currently own...how many have you previously owned?

Two amps currently. Matchless Chieftain, Roland Cube 60. Total number of amps...I have no idea. I've owned as many as 7 or 8 at one time.

2. For the style of music you play, can one amp do it all? Or do you need a few different ones to mix and match?

For what I would do in public yes. My Chieftain covers the bases I need (with the Johnny A Sig guitar). The Roland is fun from time to time to do shred stuff but I don't usually play that stuff out and about. So the Chieftain covers what I need.

3. How much do you spend on amps compared to the rest of your gear? Both amps were bought new. I don't see myself spending over $2500 on an amp. I feel an amp is important though. Sometimes we spend all this money on pedals and whatnot when the right amp, and amp alone would do the trick. I've recently changed from using a pedal board to just using a guitar and amp (see signature). I still use my strats at home and would gig them, but the Johnny A just works perfect with the Chieftain and covers alot of territory.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
See the answers in the ()

1. How many amps do you currently own (2)...how many have you previously owned (12)?
2. For the style of music you play, can one amp do it all (no)? Or do you need a few different ones to mix and match (yes)?
3. How much do you spend on amps compared to the rest of your gear(a third)?

Bluzeboy

Currently ten.
brown tolex Fenders (super,pro,deluxe)
Blonde Tolex (Bassman, recovered Deluxe reverb, custom Vibrolux)
Transition princeton (brown circuit black tolex)
Masonette
Vicky 3510
Z Rx

Can one amp do it all?? probably not for what I do. Mix and Match

How much do I spend on amps compared to? I haven't bought a guitar in years (have all I need) but I seem to fall into the amp trap all the time.

BIGGERSTAFF

Germino Classic 45
Reinhardt Titan
Guytron GT100 FV
Carr El Moto
Dr Z Maz Jr
Dr Z SRZ 65
Dr Z Delta 88
Marshall JMP
Roland Microcube :)

pickaguitar

2011 TGP Silver Medalist
Gold Supporting Member
Not enough...

18 watt S2 mini plexi
67 Bassman
blues junior
vox pathfinder mini stack

I want a Vox AC30BM and a 65/66 Pro Reverb!

scottlaned

I own two amps right now.

One Allen Accomplice, which I use for everything.

One Koch Twintone I, which has a broken input section (and perfect everything else) and I'm trying to get rid of. Anyone trying to get a really good deal? I'm about at the end of my rope having this thing sit on my desk. Seriously.

In the past, I have bought and sold, in chronological order:
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Peavey Classic 30
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mesa F30
Fender Supersonic
Groove Tubes Soul-O 45 (I love that amp)
Koch Twintone I
Palomino V32
Allen Accomplice

I started with a broken HRD, and have put $0.00 into amps. Sort of like the red paper clip story. I'm ready to take a hit for the first time on this Koch.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
6 for me. I like the options of the amps. Lately I have been using them in pairs as an AB.

I have concentrated on amps and gone through alot, but my overall spending is about equal to my guitars. I play many styles so I like to have options. I can vary amps on recorded tracks or to what best fits my current band's style....

Lt_Core

Mesa F-50 1x12 (gigging amp, JJ tubes & Jensen NEO speaker)
Peavey Classic 30 (rehearsal space amp)
Roland MicroCube (for home practicing)

I'd love to get a Cube 60 someday and some type of Rivera amp.

redplexi

2- 1948 Supros

Fenders
1963 Tweed Champ
1966 Vibro Champ
1964 Princeton Reverb
1965 Princeton Reverb
1966 Super Reverb
1965 Deluxe Reverb.

Marshalls
1966 50 Small Box Plexi
50 Watt MK11 Plexi w/ Bray 1 Mod

Misc.
Chicago Bluesbox Roadhouse 4x10
Peavey 5150
Two Rock Onyx
Mako Custom 100
Line 6 Spider Valve
Line Six Spider II

16. But I wish that I had 1/2 of what I have sold.

billm408

Three gigable amps
Bogner XTC
Bogner Shiva
King Uptown 33

+ two practice amps
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall Lead 12

& a Line 6 POD (does that count?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics