How many champs do I need

Pencho

I've got a BF vibro champ and a 5f1 tweed champ clone. Are there any good tones to be had from the Champion 600 RI that I can't get with my 2 champs? Don't really think I need one but GAS and the sale price $135 at GC is getting me. I missed the $99 in store sale last week. Thanks.

Telechamp

I've got a BF vibro champ and a 5f1 tweed champ clone. Are there any good tones to be had from the Champion 600 RI that I can't get with my 2 champs? Don't really think I need one but GAS and the sale price $135 at GC is getting me. I missed the $99 in store sale last week. Thanks.
I just got one of these $99 Champion 600's at the GC sale last week. (I actually got mine for $89 w/ coupon!) Grabbed a tele and tried one out there at GC, and immediately bought one. They were going fast... I got the last one (other than the floor model) that they had in stock. I was surprised at how good this little guy sounded. For that price, it was a no-brainer. I think even if you have a Champ (as I do), you can't go wrong with a Champion 600 - close to a regular Champ's tone, but definitely some different tones in there as well..

I really like this Champion 600! Nice Class A tube tone. Perfect for a bedroom or recording amp, although maybe a little buzzy.. But that really doesn't bother me too much. Teles and strats (single coils, anyway) sound best thru these amps, IMO. My humbucker guitars sound a little muddy thru it (other than my SG with 490's, for some reason - the SG sounds clear as a bell...)

I've also got a '69 SF Champ. To me, each of these two amps has its own sound. I probably like my '69 Champ a little better, of course, but for $89 for the Champion 600, I am really digging its tone.

I'd say even for $135 now, they're still worth every penny..