how many different dirt/od/boost pedals do you have on your board?

still.ill

Right now
my 2 dirt pedals are

Barber DD old black version
Barber DD green version new

I actually find i like the black version a bit better, its slightly less aggressive but has more clarity.

Im contemplating getting a BD-2 to use a boost for my black DD for lead tones

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
2 drives, 1 boost, and 1 fuzz (2 actually, but I only use one)
Basic Audio Scarab Dlx > Greer Pork n Beans > OCD > Greer Lightspeed

Two.

Mr. Sage Double Pickle Drive and a Z-Vex Super Duper.

But saying "two" is really misleading. The Pickle Drive is two Red Llamas in one housing. And the Super Duper is two SHOs, one with a master volume. Very versatile, and very, very dirty.

EDIT: hey, this Colossus sounds pretty good with the Super Duper...

Last edited:

Totally Bored

2 . OCD and a Keeley Red Dirt Overdrive before it for Solo's. I use to have a 3rd but I just never kicked it on so it went.

guitargod2u

fuzz - fuzz face clone with bc108b transistors
ts od - way huge green rhino mkII
flat eq od - boss bd-2 blues driver
transparent od - wampler euphoria

fuzz is set to 4 o clock, way huge is set volume to full tone 1 o clock gain off - 9 o clock 100hz at 1 o clock, blues driver with volume 1 o clock tone 11 o clock gain 11 o clock, euphoria is basically set open position with open and refined settings like in the manual, maybe touch more gain.

green rhino into bd-2 has been my "sound" for awhile now recently purchasd euphoria use it more like a more setting. Wondering if i should add more drive to my setup later on, but really need to focus on adding a delay and chorus pedal.

Kev O)))

Changed things up and now I'm just running a Wattson FY-6 into GE-7 with boosted Mids.

Last edited:

Meriphew

Five:

Spaceman Saturn V
MJM Blues Devil
Walrus Audio Iron Horse
Spaceman Sputnik
Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop

Moniker

Guitarchitect
Silver Supporting Member
too many... I have a disease, and the only prescription is more OD.
Right now (in no particular order):
Klon KTR, Kingsly Minstrel, Bearfoot Honey Bee, VS Open Road, Emerson Em-Drive, EHX Soul Food, Catalinbread DLS MKIII, Lumpys Class A, Vox Straight 6, Skreddy Lundar Module Deluxe.
Each one has a unique tonal quality that I just can't part with.

Four currently - Analogman Astrotone -> Arc Effects Klone v2 -> MXR Fet Driver -> Kingsley Jester. The Arc Klone is always on, and the boost end of the Jester acts as my 'clean' boost.

Depending on my mood/guitars, I'll swap the Astrotone for a Analogman Sun Face w/ TI/UK resistors and/or the Fet Driver for any variety of other OD's laying around, usually a Hermida Zendrive. I try to not load up with too many additional overdrives, but if I'm just messing around at home I'll add a few more on to play with. But the above is what leaves the house when I jam with others.

naveed211

Right now three, will be four in a couple days.

Fat Boost 3 - clean boost
Morning Glory - grit and chime, on with the Fat Boost most of the time I'm playing
Timmy - more gain for either rhythm or lead, though I feel like I need a little something extra for super liquid lead

Just bought a Voodoo Lab Superfuzz to cover the fuzz category, but I may try running it as a mid boost with the gain down low for more leads. Otherwise I may want to try another OD/distortion for that purpose.

DivineTones

Green Rhino running into a Timmy. Sometimes with either a Koko or RC boost.

For my lead tones, I always use my amp's high gain channel.

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
5 at the moment:

Spaceman Sputnik
SUF Pumpkin Pi
AM KoT
Bearfoot EGDM
Timmy

jackrockerman

5 on my board..

- EWS Brute Drive ( boosting the Marshall JCM 2000 TSL for Gary Moore tones)

- Tone Freak Severe (80's rock tones)

- Skreddy Lunar Module (Gilmourish Fuzz/Dist)

- Dr Scientist The Elements ( Sweet Home Alabama tones)

- Mesa Boogie Flux Drive (ACDC and Deep Purple tones)

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Bad Monkey (used as lead boost) -> BD-2 -> Dark Matter -> Red Witch Lily Boost (used as clean boost to amp). So, 2 dirt, 2 boost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LPVM

I've had as many as 4 at times but I recently put a Nova Drive on mine. In theory it should be like adding 18 dirt pedals to the board. It's a digitally controlled analog OD & Distortion. I'm using a Midi Mouse for quick access to patches in that. It also opens the door to control of a 2nd amp rig with a rack effects unit if I add an A/B switch. The only other dirt pedal is my Musket. I'm still working on trying to get them to play together nicely at gig volume. The jury is still out on whether or not it's going to work. So far I'm not feelin' it. If not I'll have to shuffle things around a little to work my BD-2 into the mix. The Musket and BD-2 pair up nicely.

Last edited:

Jonny D

Two Overdrives and two boosts in my most common setup

Fulltone Fat Boost > Barber Tone Pump (has two channels) > OCD or Boss OD-3 (I go back and forth) > ToadWorks Meat Jr.

Having said that, I am pretty restless and have a farm of 9 overdrives and 4 boosts that I work with constantly.

thecornman

I own around 20, but never have more then 3 or 4 on my board at a time. Which ones I have on my board vary from day to day depending on my mood.