• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How many guitarist/keyboardists in the house?

wooldl

I've been wanting to add some simple keys to our cover band. What I'd like to do is simply add some broad textures to fill out some songs, mostly B3 organ type chords. I was wondering about doing this with a footboard instead of a conventional keyboard. Do any of you do this now? If so, what are you using?

Thanks,
Dale

guitgator

I don't know about the footboard thing but just keep in mind that B3 chording tends to be partial chording....for me it's usually the root and then the fifth below...a slightly different approach than piano....adding 3rds on a B3 chord tends to sound cheesey and happy on uptempo songs.

I've been wanting to add some simple keys to our cover band. What I'd like to do is simply add some broad textures to fill out some songs, mostly B3 organ type chords. I was wondering about doing this with a footboard instead of a conventional keyboard. Do any of you do this now? If so, what are you using?

Thanks,
Dale
Until I got my Roland VG-99, I was using an Electro-Harmonix HOG pedal for organ-like chord pads.

8Painting

I play B3/Keys in my band, auxiliary guitar player every once and awhile too.

adding 3rds on a B3 chord tends to sound cheesey and happy on uptempo songs.
I don't know about cheesy and happy.....:NUTS

Whatever floats your boat though.

The B3 isnt like a piano, and shouldn't be played like one, I'll give you that though.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I play guitar and keys. I have a guitar rig and keys rig and switch back and forth. We have another guy that just plays guitar.

I wouldn't want to try to do B3 with a foot pedal. A big part of the B3 sound comes from working the drawbars, Leslie and expression pedal. It's a pretty dynamic instrument.

Luke

I use a Roland PK-5 pedal feeding a Korg 01W/R and Yamaha VL-70, I also have a midi guitar pickup on one guitar for when I need more than just the pedals.

franksguitar

I've done 2 things used a Korg Triton on a B3 patch with a Boss RE20 leslie simulator and have also used a Roland Ready strat with built in GK2 with a GR30 controller and can do organ sounds and many others and ran effects and sometimes a separate guitar feed out.

fusion58

This gig's for you?

major label is seeking keyboard /guitar player for a staff writer position.

candidates must be extremely proficient in both instruments and have a modern-hip look. The music is pop rock with some elements of hip-hop and r&b. Audtions are being held at musicians institute friday, march 27th. Call todd @ 323-860-1118 to schedule your audition

sincerely,

administrator
musicians referral service.

8Painting

I play guitar and keys. I have a guitar rig and keys rig and switch back and forth. We have another guy that just plays guitar.

I wouldn't want to try to do B3 with a foot pedal. A big part of the B3 sound comes from working the drawbars, Leslie and expression pedal. It's a pretty dynamic instrument.
Pretty dynamic?

Its the definition of dynamic!

haha

Trending Topics